Terminator Swap

lastdeployment

Established Member
I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now... Getting anxious to finish it up and drive it. Fuel stuff should be here this weekend now, so it's getting close.

JosephIV

Closet SVT admirer
Established Member
Damn Chris, looks good! I'm happy to see it coming together like this.

Forgive my ignorance, but does the '03-'04 instrument cluster look identical to the '98?

lastdeployment

Established Member
Damn Chris, looks good! I'm happy to see it coming together like this.

Forgive my ignorance, but does the '03-'04 instrument cluster look identical to the '98?

The 03-04 gauge faces are different color both day and night. They have a silvery look during the day and the whole gauge face glows when the lights are on.
The 97 gauge faces were painted white and the numbers and needle lit up when the lights were on.

Haven't worked on it recently, but now have all the fuel stuff in I think. Next step is to get the rear end dropped so we can get the brake lines mounted in properly and get the fuel lines run.

JosephIV

Closet SVT admirer
Established Member
Awfully quiet in here........

I hope you didn't give up on this project to pursue X Games Gold in Freestyle Motocross Chris! :lol1:

Updates???????

lastdeployment

Established Member
Awfully quiet in here........

I hope you didn't give up on this project to pursue X Games Gold in Freestyle Motocross Chris! :lol1:

Updates???????

Nope, haven't given up... I broke my leg and tore my ACL (motocross race) on May 3rd. I haven't touched the car since then. I'm down to one crutch now so I can get around a little better. Hoping to get back it this coming week and get the car finished up. I won't be able to drive it for a while so my leg/knee can heal up though.

JosephIV

Closet SVT admirer
Established Member
Damn! I had heard that you had busted yourself up but didn't know it was that bad. Sucks to hear. I'll have to hear the full story next time that I run into you. Hope you get better. You know I'm gonna call you "Ricky Can'tMichael" right? :p

lastdeployment

Established Member
Damn! I had heard that you had busted yourself up but didn't know it was that bad. Sucks to hear. I'll have to hear the full story next time that I run into you. Hope you get better. You know I'm gonna call you "Ricky Can'tMichael" right? :p

I wouldn't expect anything less... :rollseyes

lastdeployment

Established Member
Finally back at it... I'm a little more mobile now being off crutches. Jason has been hard at work, and I've been helping where I can. The fuel lines and vent lines are in. The evap canister from the 04 is now mounted and the lines roughed in. IRS is back in. Drive shaft is back in. Mid-pipe and cat back are in. Have a few more things to get together before it can be started. First post updated with pics.

JosephIV

Closet SVT admirer
Established Member
Nice to see you back in the groove, this has to be the point at which you can see a little light at the end of the tunnel. I can't wait until I get to see it running. I hope it's smooth sailing from here. You're making me want to buy a '94 to '98 Cobra or a New Edge GT. To put an LSX in of course!

lastdeployment

Established Member
Nice to see you back in the groove, this has to be the point at which you can see a little light at the end of the tunnel. I can't wait until I get to see it running. I hope it's smooth sailing from here. You're making me want to buy a '94 to '98 Cobra or a New Edge GT. To put an LSX in of course!

:lol::nono:

LSX... For those that can't handle speed. Joe, the 94-98 Cobra is a good idea. I do know a guy trying to sell a GT in that year range though.

JosephIV

Closet SVT admirer
Established Member
:lol::nono:

LSX... For those that can't handle speed. Joe, the 94-98 Cobra is a good idea. I do know a guy trying to sell a GT in that year range though.

Says the guy who has yet to own a Mustang that puts down more than 300 RWHP. When you finish this build remember that it will be NOTHING like your 2V GT was or the way this car was when it had the original 32 Valve with dirty IMRC plates. Hate to see you scare yourself silly when you first lay into it!

All jokes aside, are you at all worried about the IRS? Maybe I missed it, but what was the reason for running IRS? Good ride quality or are you planning left and right at VIR as opposed to 1/4 mile straight on like MIR?

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Says the guy who has yet to own a Mustang that puts down more than 300 RWHP. When you finish this build remember that it will be NOTHING like your 2V GT was or the way this car was when it had the original 32 Valve with dirty IMRC plates. Hate to see you scare yourself silly when you first lay into it!

All jokes aside, are you at all worried about the IRS? Maybe I missed it, but what was the reason for running IRS? Good ride quality or are you planning left and right at VIR as opposed to 1/4 mile straight on like MIR?

Plenty of guys running 10's on an IRS. That being said, the ride quality is miles above the solid axle. And helps on turns of course.

lastdeployment

Established Member
The IRS was in the roller when I bought it way back when... The ride quality is amazing compared to the solid. I don't plan on any racing, other than an occasional midnight madness. I'm sure this car will surprise me when I do get on it the first few times. Getting anxious to fire this thing up. I think it's down to needing a fuel hat harness, mounting the fuel pressure regulator, and making the fuel line connections in the engine bay. After that, it should be ready for a turn of the key (I think). Once everything checks out ok, I'll put the interior back in.
I really wanted some Terminator seats as well, especially 10th anniversary type, but the money just isn't there right now.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
The IRS was in the roller when I bought it way back when... The ride quality is amazing compared to the solid. I don't plan on any racing, other than an occasional midnight madness. I'm sure this car will surprise me when I do get on it the first few times. Getting anxious to fire this thing up. I think it's down to needing a fuel hat harness, mounting the fuel pressure regulator, and making the fuel line connections in the engine bay. After that, it should be ready for a turn of the key (I think). Once everything checks out ok, I'll put the interior back in.
I really wanted some Terminator seats as well, especially 10th anniversary type, but the money just isn't there right now.

I agree the IRS setup is awesome for ride quality

lastdeployment

Established Member
No pictures to update with today... Fuel tank wiring is complete and the tank is back in place. Fuel pressure regulator bracket is ready to mount up. Looks like some fluids, a couple bolts, a couple fuel connections and she should be ready to test fire.

Users who are viewing this thread