Terminator Swap

lastdeployment

Established Member
Got some more work done on Saturday. Brake lines and fuel tank vent line are roughed in under the car. Brake lines and power steering stuff is in place in the engine bay. Power steering cooler swapped out. Intercooler pump bolted up and plumbing roughed in. Bumper cover removed and found the bumper support was cut before for a huge intercooler or heat exchanger of some sort... Located a new bumper support, now I need to get an A/C condenser from a Terminator.
Pics updated in first post.

lastdeployment

Established Member
Mocked up the AFCO heat exchanger last night. Replaced the old bumper support. Installed the A/C accumulator, and installed the ABS module. Had to drill some holes to mount the ABS module in the correct location.

Pics added to first post.

JosephIV

Closet SVT admirer
Established Member
Looks good Chris! Thanks for stopping by at work. Can't wait to see the car when it's done. I'm glad it got into the shop.

lastdeployment

Established Member
Sunday we got the engine dropped in and the dash bolted in place. Need to order some more dye for the back interior panels and then I think the interior can go back in...

JosephIV

Closet SVT admirer
Established Member
Does the chassis have SFC's welded in? I know you guys ditched the cage, just wondering what's been done to keep the chassis rigid.

lastdeployment

Established Member
Looks like someone has been busy since I haven't been out too much to work on it... The trans mounts are welded in and the T56 is bolted up. Most of the front of the engine components are back in place as well.
Figuring out fuel system now so we know what to order. It's getting closer.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
What kinda fuel stuff you going with? Is the tank from a 98 or 03? Return or non-return?

lastdeployment

Established Member
04 tank, return style. Fore twin pump hat with Stryker 340's. Division X fuel rails.
Fore F-2 regulator. I think we are using Fore fittings, Y-block and lines as well.

lastdeployment

Established Member
Added some more pics. Got the front bumper cover trimmed to fit over the AFCO, and mounted it back in place.
If you should use a cut off wheel for trimming a Poly bumper cover, use a tight fitting respirator and don't spin the whee too fast. That stuff turns to cotton candy/cob webs. It also stinks and 2 days later, I'm still tasting the smoke from the cutting...

lastdeployment

Established Member
Found a couple loose grounds, so now the tail lights and head lights are working. Interior electrical stuff is working as well. Only thing that doesn't work is the dome light, but I think that's because the 99 and up use a sensor near the door latch instead of the sensor near the hinge like the 94-98's do...

heytonyman

build-break-repeat
Established Member
Aah this thread brings back memories. I'll admit that the swap into my '01 seemed more cut and dry than what you're dealing with. Keep at it bud, good job! It'll be worth it!

Users who are viewing this thread