Terminator Shootout Track Rental @ MIR!!!

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Okay folks...We're on!!!

The Mid Atlantic Cobra Association is proud to announce the First Annual Terminator Shootout Track Rental on Saturday, October 11th from 9:00 am until 2:00 pm. at Maryland International Raceway (MIR) in Budds Creek, Md. The goal of this shootout is to promote the largest gathering in history of 03/04' Cobras at any one drag racing event, to a venue that has a reputation for quality and positive density altitude conditions. MIR has an elevation of 80 feet and October weather in Maryland should provide an excellent opportunity for some record setting runs.

This event is limited to 03/04' Cobras only and there will be three racing classes: 1) Eaton only - IRS, Solid Axle, Manual, Auto, and 2) Open - Eaton with spray, Twin screw, Turbo, or Centrifigul, 3) Bracket class. Winners will receive a $250 cash prize in each class.

Cost will be $40 for racing and $15 for spectators. Evan Smith of MM&FF was contacted for possible coverage, but has a prior committment and will not be able to attend. Other magazine coverage options are being pursued at this time. Screened UnderArmour event T-Shirts (Black or White), will be available for sale at the event for $20 per shirt. The MACA membership will assist our out of town guests with lodging if so desired.

MACA Housing Availability
IronTerp - 96stanggt
TRBO VNM - BADASS03SVT
FISHTAIL
04yellowcobra
lastdeployment

We will be having a cookout sponsored by the MACA at TRBO VNM's place right after the event. Plenty of parking, food, and.......beer!!!

Post on up if you're in! Please indicate class you would like to enter.

Attendees
1) IronTerp - Eaton
2) JRS BLOWN SNAKE - Open
3) FISHTAIL - Open
4) Posi - Eaton
5) Venimus03 - Eaton
6) whipped04 - Open
7) sonic03snake - Eaton
8) HURTNEM - Eaton/Bracket
9) NOXCUSES - Open
10) BADASS03SVT - Eaton
11) Cobra2706 - Open
12) 2kbill - Open
13) 03cobra283 - Open
14) Stinkapuss - Eaton
15) F8LSNAKE - Eaton
16) z28th1s - Eaton/Bracket
17) Nino S - Eaton/Open ?
18) 04yellowcobra - Eaton
19) redfiresvtsnake - Eaton/Bracket
20) cbr1krr06 - Eaton
21) 2bscrewed - Open
22) CobraMan69 - Eaton
23) blowns281 - Open
24) TRBO VNM - Eaton
25) 004RedTorch - Open
26) Evil_SVT - Open
27) EVAN5469 - Eaton
28) blown86 - Open
29) scary - Open/Bracket
30) KingChronic - Open
31) Snakesvt04 - Open
32) C MY 4D - Eaton
33) CobraDom - Eaton
34) Miamifan1354 - Open
35) TORQJNKY - Open
36) CobraStruck - Eaton/Open
37) WydOpen - Open
38) 96stanggt - Eaton/Open
39) virginiafiveo - Open
40) jeremiahhussey - Open
41) Grumpy mystic - Open
42) Jroush08 - Eaton/Open
43) 32vofFury - Eaton
44) CobraCleric - Eaton
45) colors - Open
46) Boobinspector - Eaton
47) REDFIRE03SVT - Eaton

Some quick notes:
- I'm bringing 3 complete OEM halfshafts with all the necessary tools. That should not be a concern. But, it'll cost you 100 bucks for the halfshaft!!! (What it cost me......)
- Class sponsors are B.A.P. Racing, Competition Speed and Sound, and Johnny Lightning Performance. Thanks Billy, Jason, Johnny and Sue!!!!!
- We will be using a Full Sportsman Tree for all racing classes. There will be a 2 to 2.5 hour test and tune period prior to the start of the class racing, (Great time for personal records or......More!). Eaton and Open classes will alternate through each round until there is a winner in each class. The Bracket class will follow shortly after for anyone that would like to participate. Cost is $40 for the day for all classes.

Last edited:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Count me in sir. If my shoulder allows, I'll run bracket. Depends on how much it hurts to shift. Suffice it to say, I won't even bother bringing the DR's down...I'll just mosey on down the track. lol.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Sounds like a great event Dwight!!! I wish I lived closer to you guys so I could make the trip!
Kevin, love to have you! I know it's a hump for you, but you are certainly welcome to stay at my place for a couple of nights to defray costs.

Last edited:

Rice Eatr

Established Member
:(....:cryying:....:) I'm sure it will turn out to be a great event Dwight. Good luck with everything :thumbsup: Make sure there are a few video cameras rolling at all times.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Chris, love to have you! I know it's a hump for you, but you are certainly welcome to stay at my place for a couple of nights to defray costs.

After all this time you're forgetting my name man?!?! :( LOL. I just mapquested it and I'm looking at a little over a 9hr drive, especially if I'm towing the car. I'd really love to make this if it turns out to be as big as it has potential to, we'll see what happens. Maybe I'll finally get to meet some of you great guys in the MACA!

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Sorry bout that KEVIN!!! Been a long, long week.........See if you can caravan up with Larry?

:lol: I hear you there man! We'll see how things go with work the next few weeks. I just got back from NYC so I have a good bit of catching up to do, as a matter of fact I'm still here at the office.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
:(....:cryying:....:) I'm sure it will turn out to be a great event Dwight. Good luck with everything :thumbsup: Make sure there are a few video cameras rolling at all times.

You know you wanna make the trip....the drive isn't hard afterall, just VERY boring. Driven out to south bend and Chicago a few times. In fact, I'll be out there this weekend, just not driving. I was going to drive, but lost my passenger, and I don't trust myself to stay awake for 14 hours at the wheel, so I'm flying.

After all this time you're forgetting my name man?!?! :( LOL. I just mapquested it and I'm looking at a little over a 9hr drive, especially if I'm towing the car. I'd really love to make this if it turns out to be as big as it has potential to, we'll see what happens. Maybe I'll finally get to meet some of you great guys in the MACA!

Well, I'm in the MACA, I'll be there, but I don't know how great I am. Awesome perhaps, but not so great :pepper: j/k. Hope you can make it out.

Last edited:

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Put me in Coach!

Put me down for the Eaton and Bracket classes. Hopefully I'll be able to keep my Monsta under control, if not I'll have to terrorize the Spray and Twin Screw guys :fm: LOL :bash: :burnout:

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Austin racing with the big guns! You all better watch out for 140lbs of anger and fury!

Rice Eatr

Established Member
You know you wanna make the trip....the drive isn't hard afterall, just VERY boring. Driven out to south bend and Chicago a few times. In fact, I'll be out there this weekend, just not driving. I was going to drive, but lost my passenger, and I don't trust myself to stay awake for 14 hours at the wheel, so I'm flying.

I'm sure it will be a great event. Joe and I would both like to join you guys but maybe next year. We already have our trip lined up for the end of the October/November - trucks, trailers, work, etc. Can't swing (2) trips in two weeks. I am anxiously awaiting to see where the big guys set the Eaton only bar this Fall though...

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Wooooohhooooo I'm in boys! This is going to be a blast! Yeehaaaa lol.:dancenana:

Dwight if you want my money now on a full crowd I'll send it. That might help with a little stress. Then if you need more money I'll do that when I get there.

Weather permitting I'm running my Eaton tomorrow. If it's not a terd then I'll do the Eaton class. If it is they I'll try and get the Whipple back on before then lol.

Last edited:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Dwight put me down as tentative. I'm gonna do my best to make it as this is a little sooner than I was expecting. I've got alot to do to be legal up there.

Soap

Established Member
Dwight put me down as tentative. I'm gonna do my best to make it as this is a little sooner than I was expecting. I've got alot to do to be legal up there.

Bout time you put some weight back in that rocketship :beer:

I am really bummed I can not make this, but two east coast trips in two weeks is a tall task.

Good luck guys........make them ET's drop :burnout:

--Joe

Users who are viewing this thread