Terminator Rods...

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
I was just wondering if i should keep my stock rods or buy some manley forged H-beam rods? I'm having a local shop pull my motor soon and i'm having them bore it .020 over and i'm buying CP,Diamond OR Manley pistons. (haven't decided yet)

BTW: I plan on buying nitrous or a whipple in probably a year or so. money is tight now so if the rods are good for 600rwhp i'm not going to buy aftermarket ones.

Thanks. :beer:

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Keep the stockers.As mentioned,the`re Manleys and some guys(turbo 800-1000RWHP) are running huge #`s on these.My .02

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I thought 03-04 cobras came with forged pistons, forged crank and forged manely H-beam rods? I believe several people are pushing 600+ Horsepower on all stock 03-04 cobra motors and therefore you shouldn't have to rebuild anything unless you are in need of it.

03 svt

Established Member
my understanding is you should upgrade to arp 2000 rod bolts and get better pistons the rest is pretty much bullet proof

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
We do alot of motors with stock rods. We replace the weak stock rod bolts with ARP 2000 bolts. Balance the assembly and use ARP 2000 main and head studs. We also like the new melling oil pumps with the hardend gears. With good pistons like diamond you'll be good for what you want to do.

Rick:beer:

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
Thank you guys! The reason i have to get new pistons is because one of the pistons melted i guess and now it is slapping in the cylinder wall...

Rick, what's the advantage of running the ARP 2000 rod bolts, and ARP 2000 main and head studs?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Thank you guys! The reason i have to get new pistons is because one of the pistons melted i guess and now it is slapping in the cylinder wall...

Rick, what's the advantage of running the ARP 2000 rod bolts, and ARP 2000 main and head studs?

Stronger

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
We do alot of motors with stock rods. We replace the weak stock rod bolts with ARP 2000 bolts. Balance the assembly and use ARP 2000 main and head studs. We also like the new melling oil pumps with the hardend gears. With good pistons like diamond you'll be good for what you want to do.

Rick:beer:

+1

I am running stock rods with ARP2000, as well as diamond forged pistons. You should be good to go.

-Jeff

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Jeff, are your pistons the 9cc dished or 19cc???

11cc dish for around 9:1. Actually, I had the pistons clearanced for the valves since I have a little more lift on the cams, and the CR is probably around 8.9:1 because of that.

-Jeff

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
15cc. That should be close to stock CR. Talk to them though. They can probably order what you want. Price is the same.

-Jeff

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
OEM rods are being used in a whole bunch of cobras making north of 800 rwhp. I would not worry about them in the least bit.

-Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread