Terminator Quality?

saleen_4_me

I8A4RE
Established Member
On the inside of my door where the handle is to grab there is a line that goes from the bottom of the handle the slot where you can store papers and stuff. Now this line is quite noticeable and looks like the plastic was joined together there, almost like it was melted together. Does anyone else have this promblem on their door. It looks really cheap for such an expensive car, I want some new door panels.:mj: Oh ya! and the molding on my top is ripping and the rubber on my headlight doesn't line up flush with the fender.:bored:

Last edited:

jrh99

Established Member
I don't see any lines or any melted together plastics. Maybe a picture would help???
I could write a book about other issues. The thing that keeps me from caring is the response I always seem to get from my gas pedal. :burnout:
If I were you I'd be looking for a new door panel.
Good luck!

00 Aggie

Its just a slow vert...
Established Member
If you look at your door you will see a lighter section running vertically from the door arm rest to the storage tray at the bottom of the door. Every Mustang with this type door panel has them. Its kinda hard to see, I didn't notice until someone else pointed it ou to me.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by TargeT
put a pully and a chip on it & you wont care
And you won't see it as just a Mustang either. :beer:

SVT4ME

Established Member
Can't see it when you have your eyes on the road and the pedal to the metal

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
Don't know what your talking about ?
I bought the car to haul ass, I haven't even looked at the door yet.

Orange Poison

Established Member
Hmmm.....my quality seems pretty good with this car. Then again, it is a garage queen and not subjected to the elements.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Getting back to quality, I never noticed any quality issues with mine except for the drivetrain (transmission, half shafts, etc.) I always thought the interior and exterior components were fine. Maybe I was just lucky.

DHFB

Established Member
The line you see on your door insert is called a parting line. A parting line is a neccesary evil to having a plastic part i.e. you need to have a place where the two halves of the injection tool seperate to form one part. The only way to mold a plastic part without a parting line is to slurry cast and that destroys the tool everytime you make a part.

rwhp

Established Member
open your ceap door with thin paint then pull your cheap plastic hood latch and look at that awsome 4.6 supercharged hand built bullit proof LS1 ass kicker of a motor and the bad ass t-56 and thats what you paid 35 k for! HAVE SOME BLUE OVAL PRIDE. its a bad ass car dude!once modified.i love everything about my car!i would never ever drive a gm product!!!!!

JerseySVT

Established Member
Originally posted by fordracing19
your 30k+ car has alot of the same parts as the 15k v6

Exactly. You pay for the motor. Not the interior.

Users who are viewing this thread