Terminator Ownership did not start well for me

Lee_87

Established Member
Most likely had a 2-step of N2MB WOT box installed or something.

That 2.2 should whine like my kids do. I'll will say, once I removed the hood insulation and put those LFP hood vents, the ported eaton, as loud as it is, got even louder in the cabin.

I wouldn't be concerned with it breaking down. Drive it. Enjoy it. Take care of it. 26k miles is a gem now days. Keep it up!
Thanks for the recommendation of those LFP hood vents they look great installed them yesterday. I had to use a Dremel tool to widen the vents some, didn't like doing that but it worked

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Thanks for the recommendation of those LFP hood vents they look great installed them yesterday. I had to use a Dremel tool to widen the vents some, didn't like doing that but it worked
No problem! I had to do the same but they look great. Glad they worked out.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Was 29psi and 625rwhp a typo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No typo. Actually it was 29.4 on the boost, last time on dyno, using 2.3L Roush TVS blower. The tuner recommended I turn it down, but it runs great and makes decent power. Power may seem low (for that boost level) because it's only a 4.6L 3-valve, with Comp cams, which lower compression even more than Roush did with their engine mods. I don't beat on it, otherwise it would likely blow up, haha. It does have a meth kit, which helps.

Just to be clear: my car is 2010 Roush 'Hammer', not a Termie.

Lee_87

Established Member
Well it broke down on me again. Wouldn't start and when I finally did it would sputter at an idle. Was able to make it home and just had a very rough idle. Check engine light was on and threw a P0190 code. Quick Google search is telling me fuel pressure sensor. Which I replaced when I had the issues at first. I'll let it cool and pull the plugs I guess

Lee_87

Established Member
Which intake do you have? If you're able to post a video clip, I think I speak for most of us in that we'd be interested in hearing the blower whine - or lack thereof. My 2.2 is at ~19psi and has been heard from a 1/2 mile away. I've got the JLT high boost fender well setup and she's plenty loud.
Do you know what spark plugs you run with your 2.2?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Well it broke down on me again. Wouldn't start and when I finally did it would sputter at an idle. Was able to make it home and just had a very rough idle. Check engine light was on and threw a P0190 code. Quick Google search is telling me fuel pressure sensor. Which I replaced when I had the issues at first. I'll let it cool and pull the plugs I guess

Id turn they key to prime the fuel system then turn it off and pull the vacuum line from the frps, if there’s fuel in that vacuum line it’s definitely bad

Lee_87

Established Member
Id turn they key to prime the fuel system then turn it off and pull the vacuum line from the frps, if there’s fuel in that vacuum line it’s definitely bad
I'll definitely try that in the morning. Hoping I can diagnose and fix this myself and that it not be tuning-related and back to the shop. I'm just learning as I go so I do appreciate all the help and advice. I'm more familiar with ford's diesel motors than I am with this motor

Lee_87

Established Member
No fuel in the vacuum line. It fires up for a split second then dies. If I give it throttle it stays running but very rough. and still throwing that P0190 code for FRPS. Took the connector off and checked the lines I don't see anything wrong

Lee_87

Established Member
I would get another frps, do you have a disk in there like a kenne bell disk??
Yeah, I ordered one from ford should be here today... I am not familiar with what a KB disk is. This?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread