Terminator or Coyote?

Seleckt

Established Member
Wasn't exactly sure where to post this, so I put it here to be safe.

I am buying a new mustang. It's a toss up between the 2013 5.0 Coyote, or an 03/04 Cobra. They're (roughly) in the same ballpark price wise, and something as simple as a pulley swap and tune will bring the termi up to the numbers of the coyote.

I am leaning towards getting the Cobra, as it's always had a place in my heart. However, it's obviously a decade older, and things are bound to go wrong with it because of that. What are some common issues with the Terminators that I should consider before pulling the trigger?

Last edited:

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
These threads come up very often, do some searching.

Daily = 2011+ 5.bro
Toy = 03-04 Cobro

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
It's all gonna depend on how the Terminator was treated my friend. If it's been treated right, you shouldn't run into any special problems with it. Normal wear and tear stuff will come up sure but they are reliable cars. Btw a pullied Terminator will do more than put you up to the numbers of the Coyote, it will pretty much demolish it even with a tune and exhaust. I would agree though, daily go with the 5.0. Weekend fun, Terminator all day

HandBanana

Established Member
These threads come up very often, do some searching.

Daily = 2011+ 5.bro
Toy = 03-04 Cobro

AGREED. Cobras are more fun to me and offer much more presence than a car I see 15 times per day. Yote is a better car all around however.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
you'd be hard pressed to lose money on a Terminator. They're holding up well. You can practically get an 07-09 GT500 for the same price.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
you'd be hard pressed to lose money on a Terminator. They're holding up well. You can practically get an 07-09 GT500 for the same price.

This is going to be a problem for me in another few years. I fear I might make the switch and end up regretting it. Crazy how much they have come down.

To the OP - as everyone has said, daily or toy? I would suggest riding in a pulled Terminator vs a Coyote, the Terminator is faster, but it will feel WAY faster.

Users who are viewing this thread