Terminator Mod Progression...

trip03svt

Established Member
So I've started the mods with a MAC o/r H w/Borla Stingers on my '03 cobra vert, and getting ready for more. I'm looking to make 500-550rwhp. What do you guys think the next steps should be?? Let's start with least expensive and go to most expensive.

note: not in the market for a new s/c or TT! :(

1.) exhaust
2.) ?
3.) ?
4.) ?
5.) ?
etc...

KB04Cobra

You're STILL gonna LOSE
Established Member
2.8 blower pulley
Blower port
Idler pulley's + idler pulley tensioner
Lower 2-4lb crank pulley
Heat Exchanger
CAI
Mafia/programmer or chip with custom dyno tune... no mail order.
Boost a pump + 60lb injectors
Not really in $ order but that should give you around 500hp

Last edited:

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
Intake, 2.76/2.8 upper pulley, Idlers, Boost-a-Pump, MAFia, Port, Custom Tune whould get you close to your goal, you could always add a 50 shot for insurance. You could also add a crank pulley and injectors. Don't forget about other mods such as suspension bits, sticky tires, etc.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ditto on the above. Supporting mods are important. Don't forget IRS mods like Billetflow's brace. With all of that power you want to reduce your chances of breaking something. If you port the blower, I'd go for either a 2.93/6 lb. or 2.76/4 lb. combo. (To make 500rwhp without nitrous you'll definitely need to port the blower.) I hope you budget is healthy. ;-)

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
before you even can start to mod the car for power...you have a laundry list of things to get as supportive mods:

1. upgraded heat exchange
2. IRS Brace
3. subframes
4. stiffer springs ( vert springs are soft , also helps avoid the wheel hop )
5. new plugs
6. head cooling mod

i honestly wouldnt even start buying power mods until all of those have been addressed. The cars ability to handle the power is more important as we all know the car is capable of making it with minimal mods

romi

Established Member
Exactly what the above have said, you have to do supporting mods 1st. Especially on the verts. Start on the red pill. That's what I've been doing, it sucks but it's a must. And now finally I can save up and start on power mods.

ntxls1

Not trying to jack ur thread man but how much would all the power mods the OP mentioned and supporting mods take out of the ol' pocket book? just curious, i dont know n e thing about cobras but im in the market for one and was also wondering the same thing as the OP...once again sorry for the hi-jack

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
I would put a wideband 02 sensor on your car at the same time or prior to putting a pulley on it. They are extremely affordable these days. There are kits for around $200 that you can data log through an X2/X3 programmer. Gauged kits are around $400.

My first tune was fine on the dyno at WOT, but was scarey lean at part-throttle low to mid boost situations.

If you can data log yourself and get a tune through RWTD (www.fordcustomtuning.com), then you can get a great AFR for all loads.

You will peg your MAF in cold weather with a 2.80" upper pulley. Budget for a MAFia.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread