Terminator engine tick goes away after warm up

dvtr-

Established Member
Yesterday as i was leaving work i turned the cobra on and it began making a tick noise. I raised the hood to hear if it was the exhaust(leak) or engine head tick. It was the engine and it was coming from the driver side. My engine was built about 20k-30k miles ago with diamond pistons, cylinders bored and heads resurfaced. After about a minute the noise completely went away. Same thing happened this morning. I didnt let it bother me since i just thought the car needed to warm up and allow for oil to flow through that area. Anyone have any idea? Should i be concerned? Thanks.

Rambro

Established Member
My car started doing this shortly after I bought it in 06. Did a compression test and number seven was low. I figured it was a piston and it may very well be, but it still seems to run fine to this very day. Mine gets quite when warmed up too.

dvtr-

Established Member
My car started doing this shortly after I bought it in 06. Did a compression test and number seven was low. I figured it was a piston and it may very well be, but it still seems to run fine to this very day. Mine gets quite when warmed up too.

LOL holy shit since 06? Thats a tough sombitch motor.

Live Wire

Established Member
LOL holy shit since 06? Thats a tough sombitch motor.

Mines been ticking for 5 years. Not loud enough to hear with the hood up, but definitely hear it from the drivers side wheel well. I still drive it like I stole it. I'm not suggesting everyone do that, but like Rambro did, get a compression test to make sure engine is healthy and if so, I wouldn't sweat it. There's no cheap solution to it that I am aware of.

Rambro

Established Member
Yes OP I'm not advising you to just let it go, but that's what I did. And yes, I'm very proud of how this motor has held up all things considered. I may even hit it with a small shot and see what happens.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
A tick that disappears after the engine warms up in rarely a serious problem IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread