Terminator clone 95% done! (Picture warning!)

4601S/C

Established Member
Body freshly painted/cleared. It came this way. In perfect condition. In a few hours from the time I placed the order. On a Saturday. Now that's customer service! Way to go Maisto!
img3657o.jpg

Check out that flake(kinda hard to see with the Camera)!
img3665cl.jpg

Glass was super easy to install with this kit, It's almost like it snaps into place. One of secrets to the ease of install is the almost plastic nature of the special 'safety glass'. I have been assured that it will never shatter, but instead melt under "extreme distress".
Also please note here the IRS assembly. Truly a piece that only Maisto could craft. This allows for all the benefits of an IRS with the more straight forward installation process of an SRA. We'll get to the h pipe soon.
img3674o.jpg

This is the real party piece of the whole kit. In the vein of the retro trend sweeping several industries, Maisto has created a new type of body-on-frame design. The chassis of the car is integral with the floor pan, engine, and most of the interior. This reduces the number of flex points along the vehicle where sub frame assemblies, a multitude of mounting brackets/assemblies, and the need for isolated engine mounts would normally be needed. Normally associated NVH increases & weight gains, along with losses in torsional rigidity were blatantly damned, and dismissed by lead engineers. Designers and management were cool with it, since it played on the whole retro thing.
img3670xr.jpg

Molding several parts together in the engine bay saved on costs, and I'm told that those cost savings are only evident to customer who will choose to operate their clone models in ways other than what the car was intended for.
img3673a.jpg

This is pretty trick: In their infinite knowledge the entire h-pipe (and then some) along with a 'first of it's kind' transmission housing are cast as one. This makes service of the transmission internals much more dangerous, but deceptively simple(yes). The stock h-pipe is apparently awesome. This means that if you want to swap to an aftermarket unit, you'd best buy a used Terminator instead of these kits for "modibility". before you do please think of all of the innovations you'll miss out on.
img3692lx.jpg

The factory Goodyear F1's are cheap, and sticky, but especially cheap. Once again; bean counters can dance a conga line in celebration of their awesomeness.
img3705gh.jpg

One thing on these models you can find pretty easily:AFS replica wheels.
img3685h.jpg

This full set of custom springs is only sold for this clone kit, They are slightly shorter than the springs you'll find on your original Terminators. Appropriately the car should have better stance than the original Terminator.
img3687bm.jpg

As you can see these Depo built headlights are unique and fully sealed. They display the highest quality of fit & finish the industry has to offer.This is good since they are, as so much else here, exclusive to this Terminator clone kit.
img3688go.jpg

This exhaust is made to fit the unique h-pipe assembly. Luckily it comes fully mirror polished.
img3686a.jpg

Once it's all bolted together it's time to show off!
img3698cx.jpg

img3697m.jpg

img3703m.jpg

img3707lm.jpg

And I shall call her 'mini-me'.:banana:
img3700si.jpg

img3706z.jpg

Now get out there and clone your Terminator too:beer:!

MysticRob

Established Member
Nice job on the model! I gotta find a 'vert and paint it mystichrome with my left-over rattle can contents.

4601S/C

Established Member
Wow that's what a stock Cobra looks like.
It's stock for the most part. She has 18cc Manley pistons, American Thunder Catback, and Spectre drop in air filter. I just put an SCT X3 canned tune on it today.

I need to get the logos and symbols back on the model and It'll be done. If I can I'm going to do a few more small mods to the model to make it more like my Cobra. I don't have a steady enough had to paint the small stuff/details myself.

cj428mach

Established Member
Looks great now you have me wanting to do one. Where do you get the decals for fenders

VNMUS03

Established Member
Haha I have a TR.. I removed the grill and painted the spacing black.. I also tinted the headlights to give it that black housing look lol.. Clean cars man..

4601S/C

Established Member
Are you going to change out the pony for the Snake on the grill?
Or just keep her bone stock? hehehehe

Haha I have a TR.. I removed the grill and painted the spacing black.. I also tinted the headlights to give it that black housing look lol.. Clean cars man..

I need to get the decals on and while that's happening I'm planning on getting more details added. I'm think about doing the snake, especially since I have extra cobra logos.

Looks great now you have me wanting to do one. Where do you get the decals for fenders
Huff035 has them in two varieties. I chose the better of the two, as they are both inexpensive.
logosre.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread