Terminator and STi Forester fly-by

d3m01iti0n

Slow Vehicle Team
Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnY4_zIZW-E"]YouTube - ‪Forester and Cobra Flyby‬‏[/nomedia]

A friend and I got bored after car detailing and did some fly-by footage. Forester is big turbo, bunch of STi parts, turbo back, etc etc. Dynos about 340whp. It is a very surprising car. Enjoy!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'd love to see a race between you and USS Ego Killer. That Forrester is a real sleeper except for the louder exhaust. A sleeper with a mega punch. Your Cobra? Purely and simply awesome. Love the stripes. Love the sound. No sleeper look there at all. :)

USS EGO KILLER

Established Member
Sorry I haven't responded , was having a hard time logging in.

I'd love to see a race between you and USS Ego Killer. That Forrester is a real sleeper except for the louder exhaust. A sleeper with a mega punch. Your Cobra? Purely and simply awesome. Love the stripes. Love the sound. No sleeper look there at all. :)

Yea, the the exhaust kills it some also lowering it. I would have loved to leave it stock height and wheels but was over powering the suspension bad. In the future I'd like to pick up a stiffer set up that would keep me closer to stock high . Would make it more unsuspecting and allow me to do some minor offroading. Front mount and a stock forester X hood would be nice for the sleeper look also. But the car is done for the year power mods anyway, I'm at the braking point of the trani . This is my DD drive.to work and carry my daughter around car , I need it reliable .

What turbo is on the Subaru?

^^^ 20g I believe

That is correct ^^^ hay Nick ! Found my missfire issue, was the injector. Pulled it out cleaned it , put it back and was good to go. Did the Kanc yesterday , beat the crappy out of it all day with no issues what so ever. Where were you? We ended up only have about 20 cars, was a beautiful day too.

Damn that Forester moves out!

-Eric

Thanks , that was only boosting from 2nd. You can hear it be a little laggy because I wasn't on it in first and to low in the rpm range really for 2nd.

thats a 2.5xt

YES, same motor as the Sti

forester is badass, nice cobra too

Thanks , I appreciate the love.

And the video does no justice to the cobra. I love how it sounds, its ridiculously evil .

Last edited:

candyroush

Established Member
That is correct ^^^ hay Nick ! Found my missfire issue, was the injector. Pulled it out cleaned it , put it back and was good to go. Did the Kanc yesterday , beat the crappy out of it all day with no issues what so ever. Where were you? We ended up only have about 20 cars, was a beautiful day too.

Oh hey! glad to hear it was a great day. I was soaking in the sun on the lake, can't wait for the next one.
BTW welcome to SVTP

USS EGO KILLER

Established Member
No,its not.:nonono: the only simularity between the STi and the 2.5x is they use the same 2.5L block, everything from there is not the same.

Sorry, didn't realize I needed to be politically correct. I don't have cupped pistons and air flow of the head is different ,Blah blah blah outside the motor its different uppipe, turbo , top mount and fuel pump. its the closest thing to the Sti motor every other year forester only has the wrx motor . Engine code for my car is ej255.. Sti engine code...ej257 its just easier to say its the same motor even subaru themselves do.

EJ255
DOHC turbocharged, with sodium-filled valves originally designed for North American market, now sees usage in some European Imprezas and Legacies destined for Australia and South Africa. Power 210-265*hp

EJ257
DOHC 16 valve turbo. Originally designed for the North American Impreza STI in 2004 with AVCS and DBW. The same exact shortblock as EJ255 except the EJ255 has a different domed piston vs the EJ257. The heads also have different components. Subaru of America designates the same part numbers for an EJ255 shortblock, and EJ257 shortblock with the exception of the pistons.

Bottom line ... is it exactly the same? No but pretty close .

If I ran all Sti parts would I make the same HP as a Sti ? Yup, supposedly a little more do to different final drive ratios .

Last edited:

USS EGO KILLER

Established Member
Oh hey! glad to hear it was a great day. I was soaking in the sun on the lake, can't wait for the next one.
BTW welcome to SVTP

Yea, didn't rain at all . Only a short stretch of wet roads, maybe 2-3 miles . Yea fall should be good .

Thanks...lol

OHTHREESVT

I Whine
Established Member
Sorry, didn't realize I needed to be politically correct. I don't have cupped pistons and air flow of the head is different ,Blah blah blah outside the motor its different uppipe, turbo , top mount and fuel pump. its the closest thing to the Sti motor every other year forester only has the wrx motor . Engine code for my car is ej255.. Sti engine code...ej257 its just easier to say its the same motor even subaru themselves do.

Bottom line ... is it exactly the same? No but pretty close .

If I ran all Sti parts would I make the same HP as a Sti ? Yup, supposedly a little more do to different final drive ratios .

I am sorry if I came off as offensive, I wasn't trying to.

USS EGO KILLER

Established Member
I am sorry if I came off as offensive, I wasn't trying to.

not offended , its all good.

How you like the rotated set up? Must be around 500wheel with that set up ? I have a buddy with a big turbo rotated set up , 6 speed swap on his forester. Not done yet though. And another one with I believe a 07 Sti dyno'd 460awd on 24lbs just went to get tuned at 28 haven't talked to him since though .

The 20g is to laggy for my taste really but I got a great deal on it. I had a vf34 and loved it but it eat a bolt.... long story..lol

USS EGO KILLER

Established Member
not offended , its all good.

How you like the rotated set up? Must be around 500wheel with that set up ? I have a buddy with a big turbo rotated set up , 6 speed swap on his forester. Not done yet though. And another one with I believe a 07 Sti dyno'd 460awd on 24lbs just went to get tuned at 28 haven't talked to him since though .

The 20g is to laggy for my taste really but I got a great deal on it. I had a vf34 and loved it but it eat a bolt.... long story..lol

Correction 457awd @ 28lbs on a mustang at efi but he had to turn it down for some reason , I think it was fuel pump . So he has a bigger one now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread