Terminator > 2015 GT

96svtcobra1

Established Member
So who has sold their Cobra to buy a 2015 GT? Regret it? How do they compare? Considering selling my Torch Red 2004 Cobra w 29k miles on it.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
^ this guy is right, keep Cobra and get a s550 5.0, ford has 0% for 6 years and 1k cash back. Although I'm not sure the 1k cash back is for the mustang. Drive the 5.0, if it auto, perfect for DD. Drive the cobra on the weekends. Win win situation, imo.

VenomVeins

Established Member
So who has sold their Cobra to buy a 2015 GT? Regret it? How do they compare? Considering selling my Torch Red 2004 Cobra w 29k miles on it.

It depends IMO.

Will you be using the 2015 GT as a daily driver? How often do you drive the Cobra?

Personally, im at a point where I REALLY REALLY miss having a V8. The Lexus IS is really nice, and I dig the bluetooth and all the creature comforts (who the hell needs heated seats in SoCal, though?) but I could just as easily live without them. In fact, i've found them pretty damn distracting at times. Sometimes, less is more.

Besides, you could buy an aftermarket bluetooth/dvd/nav deck, ect, and have it installed for pretty cheap these days.

96svtcobra1

Established Member
Cobra gets about 4k a year. I live very close to work (1.5 miles). It is in a very industrial area. My daily- 04 dodge ram -only gets about 8k a yr. Can't have both the cobra and a 2015. But if I keep the cobra I will get a newer truck next year. Cobra was taken to NC last year for the 50th, driven to Bradenton to race in the Springbreak Shootout, etc. It is hardly a garage queen...

dru440

Established Member
I have had 3 04 Cobras and now on my second 2015. I can tell you the 2004 is fast and the transmission and engine is better for modding but when I was driving the 04 everyday it got to the point where I hated driving it especially in a city where there are a lot of speed bumps. Just felt like an OLD platform. The 2015 drives like a Cadillac compared to my 2004's. The biggest downside to the GT though is that everyone has one. Cobra is numbered and there is something about having a Cobra emblem on your car. All this being said I would sell the 2004 because you can probably get 25k for your car and quite frankly its really not worth that I purchased a comp orange new in 2004 for 29500. So get it while you can and enjoy the worry free driving (warranty) Take the 0% financing and take the 25k from your car and invest it.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Cobra gets about 4k a year. I live very close to work (1.5 miles). It is in a very industrial area. My daily- 04 dodge ram -only gets about 8k a yr. Can't have both the cobra and a 2015. But if I keep the cobra I will get a newer truck next year. Cobra was taken to NC last year for the 50th, driven to Bradenton to race in the Springbreak Shootout, etc. It is hardly a garage queen...

30k miles in 11 years says less than 3k miles per year.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
I wouldnt substitute a GT for a cobra. Sorry... Nothing wrong with the new GT, but it doesn't have the sporty, powerful, raw feel that the Cobra has.

Like someone said above me, the new GT is like a Cadillac compared to the cobra... And if I wanted a Cadillac, i'd buy a Cadillac.

96svtcobra1

Established Member
ON D -Thanks for the math lesson, but I bought the car with 9k miles on it about 6 years ago. I've put 20k on it during that time. Last year it got a little over 4k on it. It will continue to get more. Kids are teens now with one driving so they are doing their own thing - which leaves me more time for car stuff. Thanks for the help fellas.

west08

Established Member
That works out to 300-350 miles a month. IE.. Roughly one tank a month.

Yes.. One tank a month is a garage queen lol

My car only gets 4-5k a year. Are you going to tell me mine is a garage queen as well? If I daily drove mine all year long, it would probably only get 8-10K a year. I work 4.5 miles from my house. Some people just don't need to drive as much as others

Kiohtee

Established Member
And I'm over here like, I just bought a car on 8/26 and have already put 500 miles or so on it. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread