GodStang

Established Member
Let's be real, there's not too much "terminator" left to that car. None the less that flying!

ya I am with you on that one. Beautiful car, really fast but should be an 04 Mustang not 04 Terminator... GT500 engine, turbos, Auto, Solid axle. Only thing Cobra is the bumpers.

04torchred

Established Member
What are most of you guys running these events using for front brake setups? BBK's with the thicker 32mm rotors or just different pads on the stock PBR system? It might be fun to try a few of these events I am just nervous slowing this car down unless you have a big runout area once you shut down.

Piasared

Established Member
I use wilwood 14 rotors w/6 pistons. Good pads an SS lines really help. I did run the stock brakes with the stock supercharger an it did fine. But if your running a higher hp car, bigger brakes are a good idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

94slowbra1

Established Member
i run a 14" brembo kit with a 1.25" rotor, good pads, stainless lines and good fluid ect... are they needed, probably not. do they make me feel better, absolutely. at minimum i would upgrade the pads and fluid.

Formula51

Established Member
I ran at the Clayton, GA event last month and went 144.4 mph in a Vert with 2.3L Whipple making 15lbs of boost. Stock exhaust manifolds and H-pipe, stock intake and TB with K&N, Magnaflow catback, 2600 MAF, AFCO intercooler. Stock hood, radiator, intercooler and overflow reservoirs, etc.

I was crossing the traps at the top of 4th, just slightly lifting/coasting to be safe. Was very pleased and the car will go faster with a taller tire and a better launch.

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
What are most of you guys running these events using for front brake setups? BBK's with the thicker 32mm rotors or just different pads on the stock PBR system? It might be fun to try a few of these events I am just nervous slowing this car down unless you have a big runout area once you shut down.

You should be fine. I have Powerslot rotors, Hawk HPS pads, and SS lines and I should be trapping 164/165.

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
I ran at the Clayton, GA event last month and went 144.4 mph in a Vert with 2.3L Whipple making 15lbs of boost. Stock exhaust manifolds and H-pipe, stock intake and TB with K&N, Magnaflow catback, 2600 MAF, AFCO intercooler. Stock hood, radiator, intercooler and overflow reservoirs, etc.

I was crossing the traps at the top of 4th, just slightly lifting/coasting to be safe. Was very pleased and the car will go faster with a taller tire and a better launch.
Good to see another Terminator and convertible at this past race. I was in the Black vert and stopped by to say hello while you were waiting in line. I had a lot of transmission issues and couldn’t get out of the 130’s, but that just means I’ll build it stronger for next time! Hope to see you there again!

BadBlue98GT

Established Member

Stock calipers, Eradispeed rotors, Hawk HPS pads. No problem slowing down at high 130’s for trap speeds.

Piasared

Established Member
be4ee9e673de3dd7fa5910d4ba7d7bd6.jpg

New best for me. Hoping for 160 this weekend.

Piasared

Established Member
Stock motor. Put a new vmp supercharger and swapped to running pure ethanol. My biggest problem atm is the launch. It’s fun for burnouts but have stock halfshafts so I can’t run slicks yet. IRS was rebuilt with dextrin bushings, and I have the ridetech coil overs all around. Let’s me adjust the rebound and it helps. I am experimenting with tire pressure and was running 23 psi on that run.
The big reason I swapped to pure ethanol was for heat control. I have about a 10 degree temp difference between idle and running at wide open.

94slowbra1

Established Member
Thanks for the info. I run a tvs too on E with all supporting mods. I'd be stoked to see 158. This gives me hope, thanks

04torchred

Established Member
Stock halfshafts are fine with slicks, plenty of guys launching very hard at the track with stock shafts. I don't think you want a big slick though going down a half mile track it might be a bit wobbly feeling. I think just a good mickey Thompson or hoosier drag radial will get it done for you.

Users who are viewing this thread