Termi and rear facing infant seat?

NOTASTOCKDOHC

Established Member
Guys I am wanting a termi bad but got a baby on the way actually less than a month left till he is born. I am wanting to know how practical is a termi with a child seat. I know there's better vehicles out there for children. What I want to know is it doable? Is it such a hassle it isn't worth attempting? Does a rear facing seat even work in a the back seat comfortably? I was looking at lightnings before we got pregnant had to abandon that lol. Advice appreciated:)

RichM1983

Established Member
I put a rear facing seat in my car that is rated up to a 22 lb baby. With her on the passenger side the front passenger seat was pushed really far forward. If I'm not mistaken it was all the way forward. My wife had to ride in the back behind me to fit.

Adamn

Established Member
I had an 15 month old and #2 coming in 4 months when I got mine. If its not going to be your DD I say do it

NOTASTOCKDOHC

Established Member
My dd is a 2001 super crew f150 4x4, but plan to sell it in late spring the termi will take over as dd. my sons due date is nov 1. My wife likes lightnings more than termi's lol:0

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I had my daughter in a rear facing seat a few times in my 03. Passenger seat was all of the way up, so it wasn't very practical for more than the two of us.

horspla2000

Established Member
when my son was really little I had a 2000 GT convertible. Doable but not practical unless its just you and the kid. Once he gets out of the rear facing seat you'll be in better shape, but its still tight. My son is 5 now and the booster is not much of an issue.

rondog622

Established Member
I am a certified car seat installer and what you need to be concearned with is making sure the seat is installed correctly. The back seats in the cobras are angled downward toward the back of the seat. You have to make sure the seat is installed level for it to function as it should. I would say as long as you can install it correctly then go for it. Dont sacrafice your childs safety for a vehicle. Just my advice and good luck

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Dont make a cobra your DD....It never works out once you start modding or "driving it". You'll be making a forsale thread in 6 months about how you need a DD and will be looking for another down the line but now isn't the time.....

Best thing I did was sell my SRT-10, buy a 4-Runner then buy a Cobra

NOTASTOCKDOHC

Established Member
^ I got a supercrew f150 as a dd haven't decided to sell it. It is paid for. Was going to use the money from it to pay down on a termi so my loan isn't as big. But f it I might just borrow the full 18-22k lol:)

jrichber

browser
Established Member
I got my 3 month old straped in behind the passenger seat. Front seat is all the way forward but my car doesnt go anywhere if the wife is along we just take our mountaineer. BTW the only one that would fit with the front seat locking back was the evenflo. We also have a graco but the base was to large couldnt put the uprite of the seat back after the car seat was in.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Cheap a cheap DD along with the terminator.

+1

This is what my sister did. She has a 4 door Chevy Cavalier for the DD, and she kept her Turbo Cobra. She does put the baby seat in the Cobra every once in a while to take it for a spin, and the kid falls asleep riding in it every time :beer:

testorossa1989

Established Member
Its do-able but to ensure the safety of your family i would suggest looking into a daily driver civic or something.

jkeyz

No Standards
Established Member
Dont make a cobra your DD....It never works out once you start modding or "driving it". You'll be making a forsale thread in 6 months about how you need a DD and will be looking for another down the line but now isn't the time.....

Best thing I did was sell my SRT-10, buy a 4-Runner then buy a Cobra

I dd mine, do my mods on the weekend :shrug: everything works out fine. I do have a seperate car for the winter though. and OP its definitely nice to have a truck if fuel mileage isnt a big concern. Im looking into getting a small colorado/canyon maybe a ranger by next year.

Users who are viewing this thread