Ten years of Terminators.. Roll Call

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Not surprised.....have you seen the other threads? Anyone who hasnt had a recent tune really needs to get an updated one. Ma is clampin down and has smartened up

Good luck at the MAC center, my friend failed the visiual inspection and had to take his
Longtubes off :(

ripnesscobra

Established Member
I had to go to the MAC center last year for this same issue.

I'm not sure if anything has changed since then but I went to the one in Fall River. The guy was awesome. He let me drive my car in and out of the garage and only plugged in to the OBD 2 port to verify that all the monitors were back on and ready. He didn't perform a visual inspection either. He was extremely careful while next to my car as well.

Once you pass at the MAC center you have to go back to a normal inspection station to get your inspection sticker.

Good luck!

A.T

Established Member
Well, the problem with that is my mods. I doubt that the car would even run at all on re-flash of the stock tune, and if it did, it most certainly wouldn't be safe to drive that way. First the bullshit attacks on legal gun owners, and now on cars too just makes me know that my top priority in life is to relocate out of this shithole state. With all of the gross polluter vehicles on the road that have exemptions, and they choose to target a car like mine that is lucky if it sees 200-500 miles per year of use. If this gets too ridiculous, I am either going to just sell the damn car, or just take it off the road and let it sit until I can sell my house and re-locate to a less retarded state.:nonono:

MA is a strict state like CA for emissions. Technically not even supposed to be modded. What you could do is show you got a reflash by Ford then install a tune that has the monitors turned on if the guy at MAC says you need to have it reflashed at the dealer.

Warrior627

Established Member
Black Vert there's been talk about the mass inspection on here, Pete in NH can tune for our mass inspection. Not sure now that you're red flagged what happens :shrug: you're in the system now :nonono: Best of luck, give Pete a call

On a happier note and back to this thread, tomorrows weather looks good. Can't wait to see all the Cobra's and meet the owners :beer:

black 10th vert

Established Member
Wish I had been able to make it yesterday. Thanks for the help and suggestion on my latest problem! I will make a thread in this section updating on the situation to help others once I figure out what I need to do. This really sucks though, especially since I have ALL original sensors, EGR, and even running cats just so I wouldn't have to play games like this, and then I find out for some reason Amazon decided to turn everything off in my tune. I had no way of knowing until I finally took it in for inspection.

black 10th vert

Established Member
This is why you don't go use mail order tunes :) Dyno tune FTW

On a side note, thanks to everyone who came out. Pic's to follow

I agree for the most part wrt mail order tuning, however, as I said, I don't have any reputable tuners that are less than 2 hrs. away, have a married Diablo tuner (and even the tuners that are driving distance don't use Diablo, only SCT), and I would have needed to tow it to one of those tuners because of the level of mods that were done, so I was really caught between a rock and a hard place on this. I'm just hoping that Rick can get me straightened out enough to get through inspection, then I can get it to a dyno eventually.

coposrv

Established Member
huzygyja.jpg

I was planning on going and all was well until this happened. Wish I could have made it.

coposrv

Established Member
Towed the boat for my father on saturday and it ran real rough. Saturday night it wouldn't stay running and was chugging out smoke. I pulled the FICM and soldered a resistor back in place. I was lucky. My buddy pulled the stock turbo and swapped to an 03 while I worked on the FICM. Not as bad as it could have been, just terrible timing.

JustCallMeJack

X-JACK-X
Established Member
If this gets too ridiculous, I am either going to just sell the damn car, or just take it off the road and let it sit until I can sell my house and re-locate to a less retarded state.:nonono:

Come to Maine - I told my guy locally that I had a lowered Mustang coming up on a trailer that was meticulously maintained, and asked to not have it on the lift for the inspection so no accidents were to happen... they said that should not be a problem. That's my kind of inspection station :bowdown::beer:

Move to Maine, it's The Way Life Should Be (If You Like Potholes).

Users who are viewing this thread