Tell me again why Ford won't bring these cars over here.

Steve@Tasca

Xtreme Ford Tuning, a customer of mine builds some of the nastiest Fords in Australia.

[video=youtube;jfIKY7cNtNY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfIKY7cNtNY[/video]

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
http://www.fpv.com.au/
There's the link to look at them new, top models would cost just over 60k bucks and they interiors aren't much better than normal Fords. So its a rather hard sell against a CTSv and other cars in the class. then you have emissions, LHD conversion, crash ratings, import taxes, parts availability and more. Ive been researching FPV for years and if I have the cash ill be trying to import something decent with the 25yr ban lift. The factory blown coyote is REALLY underpowered there but they do mod them of course. What they have against strapping cars down ill never understand...I see a lot of dyno vids from down under where they just chock the wheels.

Steve@Tasca

Because they are ugly 4 doors.

I don't know about ugly, I'm not a four door fan but I could drive these. Both belong to another customer/friend in Australia, his user name here is Cat600.

DansTerminator_zpsdab9d7a0.png

DSC03183_zpsa9dea877.jpg

Steve@Tasca

http://www.fpv.com.au/
There's the link to look at them new, top models would cost just over 60k bucks and they interiors aren't much better than normal Fords. So its a rather hard sell against a CTSv and other cars in the class. then you have emissions, LHD conversion, crash ratings, import taxes, parts availability and more. Ive been researching FPV for years and if I have the cash ill be trying to import something decent with the 25yr ban lift. The factory blown coyote is REALLY underpowered there but they do mod them of course. What they have against strapping cars down ill never understand...I see a lot of dyno vids from down under where they just chock the wheels.

I think big part of it is that they're a much less litigious society, I was watching some videos from Xtreme and it does appear they strap them down although I don't know if they do it on every car.

BigDan

Established Member
Last edited:

BigDan

Established Member
Is it just me or is there some serious turbo barking going on in that video (air rushing backwards through the turbo due to lack of BOV) sounds just like my modded Cummins when I let off under boost. "choo, choo, cheww, cheww, cheww,cheww"

I have a durable aftermarket turbo that can stand up to the abuse of barking because diesels dont run BOV's due to them not having throttle blades that can close or vacuum to actuated a BOV.

Turns out Blow Off Valves are illegal in Australia.

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The cars are cool, would definitely open up a new market over here if they ever come over. One thing is for sure, that ENGINE needs to come here STAT!

Users who are viewing this thread