Tell me again why Ford won't bring these cars over here.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
So they don't strap down the cars in that shop? Just wheel chocks and run it. Ballsy to say the least.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Scary vid. The cars are interesting but dont sound too awesome for some reason.

It's a big ass inline 6. Similar note to a Supra or older gen Skyline IMO, just a little bit deeper tone.

mustangs would loose sales thats why..

aha, maybe. Just remember, this is a Ford like the Commodore SSV, (it's rival) is a GM.

Performance AU cars cost WAY more money than they do here, this car STARTS at $46k and it would get it's doors blown off by a factory Coyote Mustang GT. A Mustang GT starts at $50k++

http://www.carsguide.com.au/news-an...ts/ford_falcon_review_xr6_turbo_80624_0131205

The Fords and GMs MFG exclusively for AU get a considerably nicer build quality for all that extra $$$ at least.

Closer to a mid $40k European fart you might by here in North America, brushed Aluminum, leather, etc

112_0804_02z+2008_ford_falcon_G6E_turbo+interior.jpg

However, **** that noise. I'm not brand loyal, for $45k give me a brand new 335i BMW. We have WAY better choices in America that are affordable for middle class people, it's not even ****ing funny.

2014-bmw-m3_600x0w.jpg

AU is like Europe, only the top 5% can afford anything new with over 400hp, everyone else drives economy cars.

Last edited:

May93

Established Member
Damn I want one. Drove on the opposite side of the road while stationed in Japan. Always wanted a right handed driver ever since.

BigDan

Established Member
http://youtu.be/U8nokQ-wCXo

Sorry, forgot how to embed vids.

Like this but spell youtube correctly
[youtchube_browser]U8nokQ-wCXo[/youtchube_browser]

[youtube_browser]U8nokQ-wCXo[/youtube_browser]

Is it just me or is there some serious turbo barking going on in that video (air rushing backwards through the turbo due to lack of BOV) sounds just like my modded Cummins when I let off under boost. "choo, choo, cheww, cheww, cheww,cheww"

I have a durable aftermarket turbo that can stand up to the abuse of barking because diesels dont run BOV's due to them not having throttle blades that can close or vacuum to actuated a BOV.

Last edited:

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Okay for all of you saying "oh this would take away sales from the mustang", thats like saying the new chevy SS will steal sales from the camaro. Who the hell would cross shop a 2 door pony car with a 4 door sedan. One or the other for different needs!

Secondly, FPV sells a version with a supercharged coyote 5.0. The inline 6 is the base engine in the FPV line up. I have no idea why, I think its for insurance reasons because Australia has some really whack ass laws but the coyote 5.0 with a 1900TVS on it is officially rated for 449hp and 420tq and I'm pretty sure those are not at the wheels. The car which weighs 4140lbs is good for a 0-60 of 4.5 and 1/4 mile in 12.9 which puts it on par with a coyote GT.

10-FPV-Coyote-Engine-3.jpg

20110808191426252.jpg

Third, it would cost a good bit of money to redesign the car to meet US crash and emissions standards. When GM brought the GTO over they had to redesign the location of the gas tank due to crash regulations. Thats why the GTO has such a small trunk compared to the monaro, IIRC the tank is up and behind the axle vs under the trunk on a monaro.

Fourth, GM tried twice and failed twice at selling Australian variants here. Why would Ford look at that and go "Hmm, this seems like a sound business plan!" The new SS is going to be moved to the states once holden production is no more.

Just my 2C worth...

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
Okay for all of you saying "oh this would take away sales from the mustang", thats like saying the new chevy SS will steal sales from the camaro. Who the hell would cross shop a 2 door pony car with a 4 door sedan. One or the other for different needs!

Secondly, FPV sells a version with a supercharged coyote 5.0. The inline 6 is the base engine in the FPV line up. I have no idea why, I think its for insurance reasons because Australia has some really whack ass laws but the coyote 5.0 with a 1900TVS on it is officially rated for 449hp and 420tq and I'm pretty sure those are not at the wheels. The car which weighs 4140lbs is good for a 0-60 of 4.5 and 1/4 mile in 12.9 which puts it on par with a coyote GT.

20110808191426252.jpg

Third, it would cost a good bit of money to redesign the car to meet US crash and emissions standards. When GM brought the GTO over they had to redesign the location of the gas tank due to crash regulations. Thats why the GTO has such a small trunk compared to the monaro, IIRC the tank is up and behind the axle vs under the trunk on a monaro.

Fourth, GM tried twice and failed twice at selling Australian variants here. Why would Ford look at that and go "Hmm, this seems like a sound business plan!" The new SS is going to be moved to the states once holden production is no more.

Just my 2C worth...

So that supercharger is good for about 30 hp?

GhostRiderblk

GhostRider
Established Member

20110808191426252.jpg

Just my 2C worth...

i believe it would create a new crowd of enthusiasts so i do think that the extra option would leave less sales on not only mustangs but other performance compared vehicles. i believe and the american version would not be hard to make why do you think this car is so unsafe and will not pass emissions or crash tests. ford makes a 660hp v8 to pass lol.. there are ways to cut corners in that part of the business. name one other performance ford vehicle in production right now other than the mustang.. see what im saying...

Users who are viewing this thread