tell me about nitrous

kk_kalina

Established Member
ok guys so my current mods is a catback and brenspeed tune I want a 150 shot next, I plan to go with a NX plate system im looking at the kit sold by bbr, so my question is what do I need to run this safely without blowing stuff up, I keep hearing a window switch, is there anything else? also any tips on how to use this would be good. also is bbr the way to go as far as remote tuning goes? thanks for all the help guys

9secWS6

Established Member
ok guys so my current mods is a catback and brenspeed tune I want a 150 shot next, I plan to go with a NX plate system im looking at the kit sold by bbr, so my question is what do I need to run this safely without blowing stuff up, I keep hearing a window switch, is there anything else? also any tips on how to use this would be good. also is bbr the way to go as far as remote tuning goes? thanks for all the help guys

I have that exact setup. BBR is THE nitrous tuner for these cars IMO.
Do search and you'll see that the majority of "fast" Coyotes are tuned by BBR.
As far as the window switch, that's a personal preference. I don't use one but it makes some feel "safer".

Last edited:

NoSlo5oH

Established Member
A fuel pressure safety switch and one step colder spark plugs will also give you an extra margin of safety.

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Call BBR and talk to Steve...they also have something cool being released soon. I'm not gonna mention anything, but its a new spin on and old idea. Can't go wrong with nitrous and BBR, I believe Chris has tuned more nitrous coyotes then anyone else.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Thanks for the interest in running a BBR tune with NX products. When it comes to safety, that is our main concern. Not setting records but reliable and safe power. Nitrous is very safe if done correctly too. A basic set up is netted safe by the tune mostly. A plate system on a TPS switch is safe in itself. It is controlled by voltage the TPS see's. If you are not at WOT, it will not spray. The window switch only controls the range/rpm you want to spray it at. A controller will allow you to controller the rpm, spray amount, and time of usage plus more.

We have numerous cars out there (many who post here) that can tell you their own experience as well. If you have any questions (just wanting to help) shoot me a call. For me, its easier to explain over the phone then type. You can also call Garrett at NX who can help you as well.

561-417-5555

kk_kalina

Established Member
thanks guys im not quite ready for the juice yet I want to build more knowledge of it and build my wallet more lol but I do want to have it before tx2k14. how do yall think my stock clutch will hold up to it?

Molonlabemike

Established Member
I have about 4 bottles on my car with a 100 shot...stock clutch is still holding (1/4 mile passes with drag radials)

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I go through about 4 bottles per month, sometimes more, and the clutch holds up fine. The true test will be when I launch it at 5500 off the 2 step on the .062N here shortly. . .

Molonlabemike

Established Member
I go through about 4 bottles per month, sometimes more, and the clutch holds up fine. The true test will be when I launch it at 5500 off the 2 step on the .062N here shortly. . .

Are you planning on running a N2O controller to prevent the nitrous from engaging in the 2 step?

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Are you planning on running a N2O controller to prevent the nitrous from engaging in the 2 step?

No need for a controller. 1/2 throttle and take the 2 step up to 5500, when the green light pops, drop the hammer and nail the throttle. Vroom

CorDog009

Established Member
What's the consensus on spraying through the shifts on the auto? I've never heard of people not doing it until I started reading threads on here. I don't have a window switch, am just planning on using the TPS switch alone.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
What's the consensus on spraying through the shifts on the auto? I've never heard of people not doing it until I started reading threads on here. I don't have a window switch, am just planning on using the TPS switch alone.

We do it all the time with auto cars. With the tune being spot on, you will have nothing to worry about.

hey steve is there a forum discount for yall whenever I decide to buy, maybe 25-50% off :D lol jk but really any forum discounts?

What we did is create "stage" package pricing on most systems so everyone can get a good deal. If you add up the items separately you can see the savings!

But if their is something your looking for, shoot me a call. Always willing to help when I can.

561-417-5555

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Get a window switch/progressive...or fail

I wouldn't say fail at all. But they will help you control the spray and rpm range.

The more electronics you have, the more chance of something failing or breaking and costing you a race. After running way too many safeties the first time I used nitrous, I've learned that the simpler the better but you do have to be smart about it.

For a first time user, a window switch is a good idea.

NitrousExpress

Established Member
You can use either our Maximizer 4 progressive unit, or a window switch. We reccommend MSD's 8969, it works great, give Steve a call and he can help you out. Nitrous is very safe if setup correctly. Just like any other power adder.

Thanks alot!
-Garrett

Users who are viewing this thread