Teksid Bore Sleeves

myrsvt

Established Member
Just trying to figure out the whole aluminum block with sleeves thing.

It seems that everyone talks about boring our Teksid blocks just as you would an iron block. But, these are sleeved correct?

So, it is not necessary to have them resleeved unless there is damage?

What can you safely bore without compromising the sleeve?

I would not be boring to increase c.i.d. just to have a true machined surface for new forged pistons.

School me:read:

ESVEETEE

Established Member
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but a standard bore teksid is not sleeved.

They are a special forging for high strength.

However, if you bore the block more than like .010-.020", a sleeve is needed.

Last edited:

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
If you've got some money to spend and you need new sleeves, you might want to consider Darton.

We had Darton put a set of M.I.D. sleeves in my son's engine, and it is standing up well to a whole lot of abuse. :)

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
I've heard .030 is the biggest you can go on a teksid. If you want to go big bore or any larger, Livernois does it for $1500.

Helomech74

Established Member
I've gone .030 over on a Teksid block and ran 25psi of boost on that motor for a good long while. If you just want to clean up the bores, then only go as little as needed to clean them up. If there's no damage, then there's no reason to overbore them. You can get pistons any diameter you need, so don't just assume you have to go with an off the shelf overbore. I've had pistons made that were .005 over and the cost was only an extra 50 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread