teksid block help

slammed03

Established Member
I would love to buy a drop in shortblock from livernois, but your guys pricing is kinda steep for me, plus getting bent over for shipping a 400 lb engine overseas to hawaii, i already have perfectly fine forged rods and crank with arp hardware. Maybe when i lived in Wisconsin shipping would have been cheaper

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I would love to buy a drop in shortblock from livernois, but your guys pricing is kinda steep for me, plus getting bent over for shipping a 400 lb engine overseas to hawaii, i already have perfectly fine forged rods and crank with arp hardware. Maybe when i lived in Wisconsin shipping would have been cheaper

You get what you pay for with us, we spend almost 30 hours machining and assembling our shortblocks using premium components with top notch equipment and veteran crew.
We feel we have reasonable pricing on our stuff. We have never claimed to be the most inexpensive shop around.
Our quality is second to none.
We have a great flat rate shipping program to the lower 48 states(cheaper than most would think)
With whatever you need being sent on a boat or plane your going to pay a premium for it.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Please tell me that wasn't the local KC shop that starts with an N. lol.

Nolands? No the one I was mentioning was done by Shawn Mercer of Mercer machine. He screwed up two sets of heads for me. Also a super shady guy. Started dodging my phone calls and avoiding me when I was trying to get the heads back. Took weeks and weeks and I started having to call him from friends phones so he'd pick up. Then he'd always make excuses and say he was loosing signal or something. Ugg. Avoid that guy.

slammed03

Established Member
this post is a couple months old, but I brought it back to get some input on this video I posted. I finally got around to borrowing a boroscope to check out the engine before I tore into it. the cylinder walls have vertical score marks on them and they seem to be higher than normal stroke, what would cause this? (note: bare with video the boroscope angle feature was broken)

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
You should have jumped in to that 3V/Aluminator block and cut your losses with the Teksid. It seems so many people take the 0.030" overbore as gospel, but the blocks are done at that point. Sounds like your block was in that boat already.

That's what made the Gibtec pistons such a great choice since the bore was completely custom (mine were 0.002" over) and the price was right. In any case, since it looks like you might be tackling the process again at some point here's a complete road map if you grab the other block:

http://www.modularfords.com/threads/236857-Aluminator-Gibtec-Build

MalcolmV8

Established Member
That's what made the Gibtec pistons such a great choice since the bore was completely custom (mine were 0.002" over)

All the major manufactures make their pistons in custom sizes. That's nothing unique to the ones you used.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
All the major manufactures make their pistons in custom sizes. That's nothing unique to the ones you used.

It's not, but for the price, they were perfect. Other custom variations I looked at were more expensive, which made these a great deal, among many other attributes. Since most people jump on the 0.020 or 0.030 over-bore, one of my points is that there are other ways to go.

slammed03

Established Member
Jrgoffin, ive been reading your build thread and i still have a 3v alimunator in my garage im disasembling to have a machine shop check out, problem is i might have to send the block to the mainland for machine work cause there is not any mod motor shops in hawaii or thats what it seem so far. I will more than likely be tackling this in march when i get back from a work trip, i will message you with questions. That im sure will arise.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Awesome that you got the block, just too bad you have to ship it out. In any case, hope the thread helps , but you are welcome to contact me at any time. E-mail works best: [email protected].

Users who are viewing this thread