Tear Down Has Begun! Hellion TT Install!

Snakenhorse

new svt poster
Established Member
Like BUCKET said, I'm here to help too. Did my hellion TT install on my 2013 GT on jack stands in my garage at home.

You have a 2013 so you really need to flow your turbos. It's becoming an issue on the 13's. If ya don't know how just ask me and I'll tell ya.

Read this: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...9352-2013-hellion-tt-issue-need-help-vid.html

Do you have to do that only for the main journal units or for the ball bearing units as well? I am saying that because I'm going with ball bearing units for my kit...

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Not to be rude or anything but you need to re-hang the engine pronto.. not really a good idea to lift or support the engine by the end of the crankshaft!

Looks like fun otherwise.
There not really that much tension on the crank. I can easily lift the motor with my hand. It's balanced on the trans mount as well so it's only teetering.

Nice, always like to see twins on anything ;)

Since you have the oil pan off any chance of peeking in there to see if you have piston cooling squirters?
I did not pull off the oil pan gasket/tray. So never really looked.

nice...im installing mine starting tomorrow... im also curious about the fogs
Well you might be done before me then. Lol

Is it done yet??:dw::D
Lol. No! :fart:

Good job on pulling the pan. I have similar plan to do that when I have other goodies going in. Take pics of how you put fittings in.
I ordered some -10 bulkhead fittings from Summit Racing. I will be sure and take pics when I install them.

Like BUCKET said, I'm here to help too. Did my hellion TT install on my 2013 GT on jack stands in my garage at home.

You have a 2013 so you really need to flow your turbos. It's becoming an issue on the 13's. If ya don't know how just ask me and I'll tell ya.

Read this: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...9352-2013-hellion-tt-issue-need-help-vid.html
I called and spoke to Jeff at Hellion today. He is supposed to get back to me with what I need. Thanks for the help!:beer:

sick build! Should be fun. Are you able to see if your 13 has oil squirters?
Haven't even looked.

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member

Ya, sure wish I would have found this post ( 2013 Hellion issue ) a few weeks ago Torchy. I could have provided some info. :fm:

Last edited:

Torchy

Established Member
Do you have to do that only for the main journal units or for the ball bearing units as well? I am saying that because I'm going with ball bearing units for my kit...

IMO I'd recommend it for both types. I do know the BB are more forgiving and are less susceptible to having this issue (oil pushing past the seals). Some of the other TT guys that didn't run into this issue probably might just tell ya to run with it. See what I'm saying? Just a matter of opinion and experience.

Ya, sure wish I would have found this post ( 2013 Hellion issue ) a few weeks ago Torchy. I could have provided some info. :fm:
I sure could of used all the help I could get a few weeks ago but at least shes all good now. Were gonna get yours sorted too brotha:beer:

OP looks like your coming along nicely. I always liked your car too. I would also like to know if your able to run your lower fogs with the kit (I'm thinking yes you can). Also I want to see pics of your pan once it's done. If you're ever going to see any oil leakage with this kit it'll be right there at the return. Mine don't leak there but I know they want to:cryying:

Keep us posted.

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Sorry for the delay guys. I was finally able to get a little more work done.

Here are the bulkhead fittings that I am using for the oil drain back.

8709260372_397042e2f6_b.jpg

8709260424_18231dc6fc_b.jpg

8708137237_62a4ab6dc5_b.jpg

I drilled a pilot hole first.
8709260452_cccee20829_b.jpg

Then I used a step down bit to drill the holes.
8708137243_dae952ab1b_b.jpg

8709293722_7fcb5a6d52_b.jpg

Then I put them in. They worked great! Here you can see how they look from the inside.
8708137185_12133a477f_b.jpg

I then reinstalled the oil pan as per specifications as seen here. Ford Service Manuals - IN-VEHICLE REPAIR Pan.pdf

I moved the studded location over one and moved it on the wire harness as well.
8709260328_ecc1fbe60b_b.jpg

Here is the front fitting.
8708137133_d9aa8ca707_b.jpg

Next up was the drivers side header. I had to move the motor around a little to give me the clearance needed to slide it into place. I also had to take out and put back in all the studs. I was able to reuse all but one. I then torqued them down to specification as seen here.
Ford Service Manuals - IN-VEHICLE REPAIR Manifold - LH.pdf

Back up top it looked like this.
8709260300_f9a4b3a320_b.jpg

Next up was to install the oil feed fittings for the turbos.
8709260254_73985bfbe1_b.jpg

While I was at it I also installed the down pipe for the drivers side while I had the extra room. I just left it loose for now.
8708137091_c56be0881e_b.jpg

Well I ran out of time so this is it for now. I will update as it progresses.

Ratchet

Established Member
Awesome Kevin... and I just started going to the track in mine... and I'm looking for more mods already...haha Damn you... I am cheerfully happy about the 115 MPH I got out of the car tho with just the 91 tune in it..

What are you plans for the car when you finish? You going to track it at all, road course of fun sexy cruiser show car? :beer:

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
I used those same bulkheads for my previous Vortech install for the same reasons. I didn't DD my car by any means back then but how do you think these will handle DD use? I mean, does anyone think they'll loosen up? I'd hate to have to drop the pan to tighten these lol

I've considered using them again when I do my install on this '13 but figured I'd ask.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Sorry for the slow progress guys. Been working a lot and waiting on parts and such. Jeff and John at Hellion have been very helpful!

I was able to install the heat shielding.

Here is the package of different shields Hellion sends with the kit. Each are cut to specific lengths and go right along with the install instructions.
8749764954_cb55558258_b.jpg

8749765366_8ee67c6069_b.jpg

They sent me the restrictors for the oil feed lines. They use nitrous jets to reduce the amount of oil pressure to the turbos.

Here's what they sent. As you can see they machine fittings custom to accommodate the nitrous jets.
8749764950_e65ded9801_b.jpg

8748640411_b2e54e8011_b.jpg

And the part most people like to see...........:coolman:

Got the passenger side turbo on.
8748640843_3e7bddbfd1_b.jpg

Then I had to stop to roll some fenders for a friend. I will try to get more done tomorrow and I will update as I go along.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
Wtf @ the turbos??? Are they JB?

And you wrapped the headers? Any clearance issues with wrapping them? Because I wasn't going to but now you're making me change my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread