Teacup Yorkies

360R

Established Member
This may soun a lil strange, but i was wondering if anyone on this site's wifes of mabye them selfs deals with teacups. If you dont kno what i teacup is, well its for my girlfriend her dog died last night i want to get her another. She loves the tacups. thanks.

JP Cobra

Sarcasm at its Finest
Established Member
svtfocus2cobra said:
Just get her a rat, they're about $5 and she wont be able to tell the difference.

Lmao. That was great.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
svtfocus2cobra said:
Just get her a rat, they're about $5 and she wont be able to tell the difference.

They don't go as far when you kick them. Nor do they make that cute little yelp noise.

GodStang

Established Member
ProwlnViper on this site has one. Not sure if it is teacup or not. It is like 6 months old and 2 lbs and not growing at all. Our Toy poodle is one day younger and weighs 5 lbs.

AshandNikpups.jpg

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
My mom has one she got from my cousin. Funny little thing, she's actually a kick ass little dog, but I prefer mine bigger.

toybox.jpg

FliteQH

FOXY5OH
Established Member
svtfocus2cobra said:
:lol: so true... especially when it gets wet

A friend of mine had one, she was having domestic issues and sold it for $400, not too bad considering it was over a year old. They aren't my kind of dog but she was very cute, and didnt really bark a whole lot. When she did it wasn't loud enough to bother anyone.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Officially, there is no such thing as a "teacup" yorkie. The standard is 5-7 lbs. There are some who are breeding for the smaller size and they are terrific dogs if you get one that has good genes. Yorkies are beginning to see some heridetary issues idue to poor breeding habbits.

the above being said you will pay more for a "teacup" than you will a "full size" dog. DO NOT BUY FROM A PET STORE! Do a web search or go to a dog show and talk to reputable breeders about what they have. You can sometimes get a good dog for a very good price or even free, it won't be show quality but it will be a good dog. It will take a little time but if you take your time you won't regret whatever you get.

You can also check with your local chapter of the AKC to get a list of reputable breeders.

Ocho Cinco
Established Member
My mom bought hers from a breeder for like almost a grand. It's the laziest/cutest dog ive ever seen. When my mom leaves in the morning she doesnt even want to jump on my bed.. she proceeds to bark until i pick her up. She is so spoiled!

GodStang

Established Member
RDJ said:
Officially, there is no such thing as a "teacup" yorkie. The standard is 5-7 lbs. There are some who are breeding for the smaller size and they are terrific dogs if you get one that has good genes. Yorkies are beginning to see some heridetary issues idue to poor breeding habbits.

the above being said you will pay more for a "teacup" than you will a "full size" dog. DO NOT BUY FROM A PET STORE! Do a web search or go to a dog show and talk to reputable breeders about what they have. You can sometimes get a good dog for a very good price or even free, it won't be show quality but it will be a good dog. It will take a little time but if you take your time you won't regret whatever you get.

You can also check with your local chapter of the AKC to get a list of reputable breeders.

That is 100% correct!! When my friend bought theirs they bought a Yorkie that was very very small. 3lbs smaller than the standard size. They got him from a AKC breeder.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
03 DSG Snake said:
Haha that little dude rocks, he looks like a bear. :pepper:

yorkies are some of the most loyal and hardy dogs you will ever see. One of mine had a German Shepard totally cowed, picked a fight with a ground hog (prolly woulda been killed in the end if I had not pulled him away but the ground hog knew he had messed with the wrong dog).

When wet tho the rat analogy really really works LOL

360R

Established Member
thanks for all the replys, lol, yea i have a lab myself, but she wants a small dog, we bought one a day ago from a breeder. Yea these lil things are alot. 1200, the dog is almost 2lds, very cool dog, she fell in love it with instantly hopefully it will be a good dog. She named her izzy.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
There is no such thing as a bad dog (assuming good breeding) just bad owners LOL! Yorkies can be taught not to be yappy .. the can be house broken (more work than some other dogs, not because they are stupid but because they are stubborn till they learn who is the pack leader). It does, however take consistancy and patience.

if you and your gf live together it will eventually be your dog LOL! they recognize who the top is and that is who they follow

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
A friend of mine had one that looked like Memphis pictured above accept it was all black and about half the size, still a puppy though I think. They really are cute dogs though and it's true they'll go up against anything.

Users who are viewing this thread