Teaching poser a lesson

d3mon_fx

SVT N00b
Established Member
I don’t race period, (at least not in my town) is not worth it, here there are a lot of kids with nice cars doing their thing, and that means a lot of cops everywhere doing their thing. Also, there are a lot of COBRA clones in my area so most of these kids think mine is one of them so everybody and their mom wants to race me, it's not fun anymore and gas is expensive… Last night I had to make an exception.

So it was Monday after my 9 to 5 job I had a Physics class then a Calc-2 class around 10:00pm I am about to kill myself, sitting next to me is this guy, the only guy in the class who doesn’t look like a nerd or is from Asia, we talk a lot but we never got to the “what do you drive” conversation.

Finally free from class we walked to the parking lot, as I unlock my car he asks “Is that your Mustang? I drive one too”. He was parked 3 cars from me so I decided to take a look. It was pretty nice looking ‘07 V6, he continued to show me his mods (pretty much cosmetic), angel eyes, GT front end, blacked out signals 18” Saleens, etc. Nothing under the hood, I asked if it was auto or manual he told me: “it's an auto, my old 03 V6 was manual, I hated it in traffic (well that’s true I do too) but I loved it in the highway cruising on 6th”. WTF :??: “So you had an 03 V6 with 6 speed manual transmission?” I asked, he said “yeah”. I didn’t want to get on a discussion about this, I had enough bs for the day and I wanted to go home:bored:.. He followed me to take a quick look at my car. He asked me if it was a V8, I told him “yes is a 03 Cobra”. His reply was awesome::eek: “-Oh cool, I ran with a white Cobra the other day, I kept up with him, he barely beat me, and I have been looking at crate engines so after I get one I will get you” At this point I’m pissed, annoyed, amused???:rollseyes Truly I just wanted to leave I said bye, got in my car, put my top down and cranked up the stereo. As we were leaving campus a 03/04? Red GTO got behind me till we met at the light; I got in the middle lane, the GTO on my left, the Mustang on my right.

The guy in the GTO revs his engine and my classmate looks at me and asks “Wanna go for it?” I told him “ARE YOU SURE?” He said “hell yeah”, the guy in the GTO asks me “stock?” “Almost” I said “yours?” “Bone” he said. The light turned green and the three of us went for it, in my right mirror I could see this angel eyed mustang eating my dust, on the left I had about 2 car lengths or more on the GTO, at around 90mph I let go of the gas, when we got to the other light, GTO guy gave me a “NIIIICCCEEE” :rockon: with a nod I gave him a thumbs up and he took off.

My classmate finally caught up to me…. His face looked at me with indescribable disbelief, just like my little nephew’s when I told him Santa wasn’t real.:( “What the hell do you have done to it?”, -A couple of bolt-ons mostly stock. “No way is a turbo or something.” –Supercharged dude, 03/04 cobras are supercharged from the factory. “Bad ass I didn’t know that, see ya man” And he left… It was a crappy day but ended very well.
Sorry for the length of this.

Last edited:

VictorySong

Established Member
Good kill, he should have saved the money he spent cloning it into a GT and bought a real one. I'm glad I don't need to take calculus for my biology major. :D

cah41

Established Member
Good kill, he should have saved the money he spent cloning it into a GT and bought a real one. I'm glad I don't need to take calculus for my biology major. :D

Off topic, but...is your biology major a BS or a BA? Just wondering, because I had to take Calculus I and II to get my BS in biology.

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
nice kills bro. GTOs came out in 2004, started with the 5.7. 05-06 were ls2 6.0 goats by the way. I noticed you are saying "is" in place of "its" Not being a dick or trying to correct you cuz you must be smart taking classes like that...lol.

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
Nice kill. I don't like posers. I parked my GT 500 way out in the Home Depot parking lot to avoid door dings. When I came out a black V6 Mustang with Shelby GT 500 badges was parked right next to me.:cuss:

Last edited:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Don't think poser as much as ignorant....If you don't know 03/04 Cobra are Factory S/C'd then you are way behind the Musatng Knowledge power curve...Cut him a break..I'll bet he talks to you about Mustangs all the time now

VictorySong

Established Member
Off topic, but...is your biology major a BS or a BA? Just wondering, because I had to take Calculus I and II to get my BS in biology.

BA. I had a choice between Biology(BA) and Biochem(BS) and my adviser told me it would not hurt my chances of getting accepted to medical school. The only difference in my schools program was calculus(BS) vs algebra/trigonometry.:shrug: I'll probably switch and go after the Biochem degree eventually just to be on the safe side since they are so similar in requirements.

nice kills bro. GTOs came out in 2004, started with the 5.7. 05-06 were ls2 6.0 goats by the way. I noticed you are saying "is" in place of "its" Not being a dick or trying to correct you cuz you must be smart taking classes like that...lol.

No offense taken.:beer:

Boostinator

www.UltimateAutoPortal.co
Established Member
Great story man.

I could care less if it was a easy kill. I will race a minivan if they act like posers. lol

d3mon_fx

SVT N00b
Established Member

lol, that sucks, I work doing engraving and graphic design, i have to check spelling like crazy all day long.... i do that for a living give a break...;-) and i'm smart with numbers not words <<<<if that makes any sense :shrug:

VictorySong

Established Member
lol, that sucks, I work doing engraving and graphic design, i have to check spelling like crazy all day long.... i do that for a living give a break...;-) and i'm smart with numbers not words <<<<if that makes any sense :shrug:

I thought there was a typo in my post, I was wondering what the heck he was talking about.:lol1:

Did it have dual exhaust? I belive the ls2 goats had duals and the ls1 had a single exhaust.

d3mon_fx

SVT N00b
Established Member
I thought there was a typo in my post, I was wondering what the heck he was talking about.:lol1:

Did it have dual exhaust? I belive the ls2 goats had duals and the ls1 had a single exhaust.

It had a single exhaust with dual tips on the drivers side, so i think it was an LS1

THAITED

Established Member
Good kills! yeah I hate people like that. There was this one kid and his friend at the gym. They asked to see what's under my hood so I showed them. :beer:

One of the kids said "you know you should add a cold air kit and a chip to your car. My cousin 98 Cobra has one and he makes 400 rwhp with it.:dw:"

Then his friend said "Yeah, his car is quick man, he smokes everybody." I didn't know what to say to them after that really, I was speechless......:nonono:

s|ck

Established Member
haha Clueless people make me laugh...

That reminds me of my friends whenever they start talking about cars... I just bust out laughing at the shit they come up with. ****ing idiots :lol: :bash:

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
best one was my friends cousin...
when looking at my cobra

"shittt mann thats cool man, my friend has an RX8, probably give you a run,its fastest car in town... hes got intakes and cold air intakes (yes with a s), hes got turbos with racing guages on the side of the door..."

oh yea i hate posers too

if the kid wasn't 15 barley getting in the racing seen, i would of told him to bring his friend and embaress them both... being that either A. his friend told him all that (probability)

or B. the kid just heard some words come out of his mouth and over exagerrated it (nother probability)

GN1986

Established Member
See this is one of the gems of driving a GN. Only REAL car guys know exactly what they are and will engage me in conversation. If you mention a Monte, or ask if a belt is lose and why is it screaming when I hit the gas conversation OVER.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Nice kill and at least you educated him on that he probably didn't race any Cobra, almost beating it. Hell it pissed me off with my 05GT. It had no Cobra emblems on it, side pony emblems instead of the GT badge, and had GT350 side sticker at the bottom on both sides and people would asked me all the damn time if it was a GT500?? I would ask if they actually read it and to stop guessing it.

Users who are viewing this thread