TCE Brakes

DailyBlown

Established Member
So I need brakes and I am going to be calling TCE tomorrow and inquire about the 13" kit. I was just wondering if anyone on here has it installed and can give me feedback on it. I am wondering will I get better stopping distances or will it upset the ABS. Moreover, if I buy the front do I need to buy the back (that maybe a question for him). But any feedback would be appreciated. This is a daily driver with small mods.

Dusten

Established Member
no you don't need the back. I know the smaller kit is something he's trying not to sell and when i called he didnt even have all the parts. All the guys i know that run it, love it. and no abs issues

Tex Arcana

Established Member
I've been running his 13" kit for 7 years now, with no issues that weren't caused by me. ;)

When you put them on, the rotors will hit the debris shields: either bend them back, or cut them off. I would NOT just remove them, because they have a dust/debris seal in the cap for the inside wheel bearing, and you want that to stay.

Otherwise, the kit went on very easily, the calipers (4-piston billet aluminum on mine) are sized so that they're similar to the stockers, and won't upset the ABS. When you do this kit, replace your fluid (I used Ate SuperBlue), and make sure to go out and bed the pads and rotors in, and activate the ABS to get any air out of the ABS valves, then bleed again after bedding to get the last air out.

Users who are viewing this thread