TBSS vs SRT8

hardcore35th

Established Member
o3SnakeBite said:
Buddy has the same car running mid 14's at sealevel
Tuned? Thats loser. I cant hook him up with a guy that will tune it and change all that. Im embarrased to even say what mine ran not tuned. Mine was also CRAZY lean stock. The exhaust would smell crazy and get super Fing hot. I tatooed the back of my leg on the muffler getting groceries out. A perfect crecent moon on the back of my calf.

1FastZ06

Banned
hardcore35th said:
I said some rude dick things in this thread and for that I aplogize. Please forgive me friends, I never meant to hurt feelings. But the fact reamins the same; my TBSS with a tune and catback ran low 13s all day and nigt till the early morning. :beer:

You are right man, I own a tbss and like I said in other post I think its the biggest pos made, but I partly agree with you, mid 11's is being alittle generous, but Ive seen high 11's and low 12s out of a tbss with tune converter and nitrous.

You dont have to prove anything to anyone b/c people who dont own one are always right.:shrug:

1FastZ06

Banned
hardcore35th said:
Truer words were never spoken.
BTW: Ive had my share of problems with mine too.

Yeah, Chevy is repurchasing mine. 5 trannys fuel line 2 computers ect. other than that I love it. I would have liked to have the chance to mod it, but oh well.

2003 Silver

Banned
03AZRoush said:
not worth the money..sorry. And AZPS tunes the shiot out of their cars. That makes more sense...And im sorry but an SSTB will not run a 13.9...Especially here in Tucson. Ive driven my buddys black one and I could easily beat it with my Roush. I can barely get a 13.9!

Its just common for SSTB guys to hate anyting to do with the GC SRT8. Its kinda like the Camaro/Mustang hatred. And I think of this:

Clipboard01.jpg

full_7447_p111485.jpg

kiwi_jeep_800.jpg

Im sorry did you just call me a tard?

I own the Black Jeep and the Silver Cobra vert in the pic above. The Cobra puts down 600 to the wheels while the Jeep has a catback and CAI....if I had to choose between the two...I'm driving the Jeep. It hauls ass, handles like a stock cobra, has an aggressive ride and hauls 4 people no problem. If and when they ever crack the code for a decent tune the Jeep will be raping everything it comes across...no doubt!!

TRXboy

Established Member
hardcore35th said:
I said some rude dick things in this thread and for that I aplogize. Please forgive me friends, I never meant to hurt feelings. But the fact reamins the same; my TBSS with a tune and catback ran low 13s all day and nigt till the early morning. :beer:

My mach ran Mid 11's On Drag radial's and a cat back, I swear.

GLHS837

Established Member
1FastZ06 said:
You dont have to prove anything to anyone b/c people who dont own one are always right.:shrug:

Heres the deal. No, I dont own one. But I have a choice. Out of all the people who do own one, I have to choose who to believe. 3-4 other TBSS owners who say they have raced GCSRTs, or hardcore. And the 15 or more TBSS owners who have posted timeslips for thier own trucks, or hardcore

What separates him from them? Little things like timeslips, pictures, and videos. That, together with the fact that his claims that the SRTs are all high 13 second trucks, which contradicts known and provable facts about those trucks. As posted not just by mags, and owners, but by competitiors like TBSS owners.

Maybe I'm wrong to go with verifiable facts? Maybe its a global TBSS conspiracy, they are all conspiring to make one guy look bad? :shrug:

2003 Silver

Banned
Oh yeah, I bought my Jeep SRTR-8 for $38,000 when they had employee pricing on them for the public.....:rockon:

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
paid 43,000 for mine whoooohoooo. Never even looked at a TBSS wasn't even an option for me. stone stock with paper air filter stock cat back and probably 200lbs of stereo crap it could only muster 13.50x not all bad for my daily driver/winter beater and definitely faster than a stock stock TBSS.

Last edited:

GLHS837

Established Member
6speed said:
the earth is shaped like a banana. fact.

Well, the guys at bananaforums.com say different:) :banana: Except this guy

NOTE: the above is a joke, I am not responisible for anything that might appear on your screen if you type that in!!!!!!! I certainly didnt:nono:

Jefe

Established Member
KissMySVT said:
Maybe I Should Host The New Turbo TBSS Video That Blades Just Made? :shrug:
Seen it, very cool. But does nothing for the cause...

hardcore35th

Established Member
GLHS837 said:
Heres the deal. No, I dont own one. But I have a choice. Out of all the people who do own one, I have to choose who to believe. 3-4 other TBSS owners who say they have raced GCSRTs, or hardcore. And the 15 or more TBSS owners who have posted timeslips for thier own trucks, or hardcore

What separates him from them? Little things like timeslips, pictures, and videos. That, together with the fact that his claims that the SRTs are all high 13 second trucks, which contradicts known and provable facts about those trucks. As posted not just by mags, and owners, but by competitiors like TBSS owners.

Maybe I'm wrong to go with verifiable facts? Maybe its a global TBSS conspiracy, they are all conspiring to make one guy look bad? :shrug:
Once again I could care less what you believe or dont. The SRTs I have seen here at our track are running high 13s. The tuned TBSSs are running low 13s. Stock for stock the TBSSs im sure would get beat. My trailblazer isnt the most expensive, the first, or nearly the fastest vehicle I have owned. Im over 30 and have owned more that 30 different vehicles in my life ranging from 4x4s to 1000hp drag cars, Im not a moron and know what my particular vehicle did stock. This reminds me of when I still had the stock bottom end in my 99GT and was running 10.80s and everybody said I was lying and had a $20K motor. I have nothing to prove to a bunch of e-people, I only made comments as to my trucks performance, and what I have seen here. You guys can take it or leave it. Not everyone that tells you somthing is telling the truth and not all are liars either. Not everyone has something to prove. Im no E-racer and Im not going to spend weeks debating this nonsense back and forth with a bunch of people that dont own a TBSS (or SRT8 for that matter), and have never driven one, or seen one raced. If I get a chance to get some video and can get it on the computer Ill post it, but it is far from my main concern in life right now. Call me a liar, call me whatever, I dont care, like I said when more of these get on the scene and people start tuning and driving them to their capabilities then the truth will be revealed. Same story for the Jeeps, when they get HPTuners its game over for stock TBSSs. Anyone else who wants to discuss or dispute meet me at the track.

Last edited:

GLHS837

Established Member
Be nice, AZ.

Damn, that does suck. I love this response, figures its a dealership looking name. Yep, its gonna break, power will do that, what a response:)

kelleychevrolet

GM doesnt need to change their trannys, there is nothing wrong with them. you guys have the 4L70e, thats not all so weak. your sun shell blew up, this is a known problem in high HP applications. it just usually doesnt take the case with it lol. sorry to hear about this...... i assume you have an 06, and the 06 has some high line pressure....

Users who are viewing this thread