TB Input Needed

02RedLightning

Established Member
I tried the search function but couldn't really find any good answers......

Would adding a billetflow or accufab throttlebody on a car with 2.80 pulley, chip, full exhaust, ported apten blower, cai, require a retune for just the throttlebody alone? Will the throttlebody lean the car out that much where it would really be needed?

Also any thoughts on if a throttlebody would really be beneficial on the above setup? Just trying to get every last bit out of the car to hopefully assure myself the 500/500 SAE mark on the dyno.

Any input would be great!

:thumbsup:

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
TB alone wont require a retune, they do very little (if anything) power wise on a moderatly modded car. Snappier throttle response is about all I would expect.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by Shadowgray03
TB alone wont require a retune, they do very little (if anything) power wise on a moderatly modded car. Snappier throttle response is about all I would expect.
Exactly my experience and my understanding, too. Would I buy the throttle body again? Yep!

Also my understanding is that generally a throttle body won't do you much good unless you're pushing 550+ hp.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
It will improve throttle response. My buddy had a billetflow on his car it was way more snappy than mine. Although I dont think he saw any gains on the dyno.

I ported my stock TB and lost about 6-8ft/lb of tq and have no idea where it went, but the HP stayed the same, so that tells me it picked up some. If the TQ dropped and the HP didnt drop something must of happened.

If your looking for earth shattering gains I think your money could be spent elsewhere. Unless a aftermarket TB falls out of the sky or I run up on one real cheap im not gonna put one on mine. I think I can concentrate on other areas of the car first

Users who are viewing this thread