Tasca Parts (Supplier of OEM Ford parts): 2015 Mustang GT bottom end will be forged

WolfPackST

Banned
Some tuners say it can handle over 1,000 HP.

:pepper::pepper::pepper:

Edit: Would post the link but Sid297 is deleting/removing links to any auto news source that isn't SVTp

greenflash00

Established Member
I read that it will have the same rotating assembly as the boss 302. Should make for some nasty street cars!

scott_0

Established Member
comes stock with brick shit house bottom end, support lots of power, but comes with fragile IRS (which Im a fan of btw).........

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
The 2015 has grown on me, and if this is true. May be making a purchase this coming spring or so. Will give some time to see how the new model holds up on initial issues/problems.

comes stock with brick shit house bottom end, support lots of power, but comes with fragile IRS (which Im a fan of btw).........

How do we know it's fragile? If they're putting this much effort into the drivetrain (forged internals,etc) I doubt they will toss in a last minute thought out IRS like the 99-04 cars.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Not new info, we've known both the new 5.0 and the 2.3 will be having forged rotating assemblies for quite a while now.

Deranged2013

Established Member
Everything but the pistons, right? Hypereutectic pistons will not handle a 1000 horse power. I still think 600hp and 10lbs boost will be about as high as you should push your stock coyote blocks. Does anyone know if the stock coyote pistons are T6 heat treated or not?

Last edited:

Steveespo

Established Member
IRS is not fragile, in fact the center section has been beefed up to use a pinion gear with shaft diameter the same as a 9.75" truck and the ring gear is thicker and better materials. They are calling it the Super 8.8. We will have to see how the half shafts hold up and whether there is more axle hop on launch but I think the aftermarket will come up with solutions whether its bushings or recommended alignment settings. With the rear gears it will be interesting how soon gear sets are released by Ford Racing.
Steve

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Some tuners say it can handle over 1,000 HP.

:pepper::pepper::pepper:

Edit: Would post the link but Sid297 is deleting/removing links to any auto news source that isn't SVTp

Incorrect. I remove links to obvious click bait (aka, entirely speculative stories portrayed as fact so as to generate interest and traffic to a site for purposes of revenue generation). We at SVTP want nothing to do with the proliferation of baseless claims pertaining to upcoming Ford products. Lending credence to such sites weakens the actual knowledge of the entire enthusiast community.

Also, the 2011 Coyote merely features the powdered metal rods from the Boss 302. While the are technically forged (sinter forged, not a traditional drop forging) they are not what engine builders would recognize as a forged rod. The pistons are definitely not forged pieces. While it is possible that the engine may be capable of producing 1,000+ HP it will not be doing so reliably.

IRS is not fragile, in fact the center section has been beefed up to use a pinion gear with shaft diameter the same as a 9.75" truck and the ring gear is thicker and better materials. They are calling it the Super 8.8. We will have to see how the half shafts hold up and whether there is more axle hop on launch but I think the aftermarket will come up with solutions whether its bushings or recommended alignment settings. With the rear gears it will be interesting how soon gear sets are released by Ford Racing.
Steve

The half-shafts are going to be an issue, as will gear selection initially.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
SID said:
...the 2011 Coyote merely features the powdered metal rods from the Boss 302. While the are technically forged (sinter forged, not a traditional drop forging) they are not what engine builders would recognize as a forged rod.

I cringe everytime I see "fully forged bottom end" etc, when indeed the rods are powder forgings. Great for production but not what you want between the crank/pistons when you go beyond the performance window Ford had in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread