Tasca Ford Fest 8/30/14

matt87

Established Member
dont know the truth of what i heard, but no tasca show at their cranston location either. one of my favorite shows to go to. hope that its just a rumor.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Great turnout today, and the weather was perfect.
Kudos to Ed for all that he does for the mustang community.

Steve@Tasca

dont know the truth of what i heard, but no tasca show at their cranston location either. one of my favorite shows to go to. hope that its just a rumor.

That one surprised me as well, not sure why they chose not to do it this year, I do know there's been a LOT going on internally on the business side so it could be that they just couldn't find time to fit it in.

-Steve

matt87

Established Member
ya to busy buying up all those other dealerships lol! well maybe next year.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
agree with everyone here....zero advertising for the event. That would help somewhat...

The other is some of the classes need to be redone. time have changed and some of the rules are just outdated for one. An all Ford event should have true street cars all the way up to outlaw cars. There ar aplenty of them in the area to make an event and they USED to. But outlaw racers aren't coming to race for $200. Last time I went to this race It was a friend and I in the same class....just the two of us....and we won $50 towards FRPP merchandise. Look at some of the largest races in the northeast.....YellowBullet....World Cup Finals....NMRA.....they all advertise, advertise, advertise and they all give a good payout for the competitors. YellowBullet this year was over 550 cars.....World Cup last year was over 600 cars. Id love to see this event get on track but it takes some time and money to make it happen. My buddy Jim and I are in the 4th year of doing the Terminator vs GT500 Shootout. Each year has gotten bigger. Its one class dedicated to 2 types of vehicles only and we are expecting 30 cars for the event in 4 weeks in Kentucky. Thats just ONE class. We have a sponsor for cash prizes and this year I implemented a raffle and have 6-10 sponsors for that to give things away for the racers. I'd love to help make the local race grow but someone has to WANT it to grow and be willing to do the things necessary to get it done.

Users who are viewing this thread