Tasca Ford Fest 8/30/14

1320 Junkie

Established Member
We dont have much of a choice here in New england...its either NED or Lebanon...I hate Lebanon so its NED or head to Jersey.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I'll be there Saturday, in the swap meet area.

I've got a TON of stuff to sell, brochures, mustang posters, SVT stuff, Shelby posters,

mustang memorabilia, a set of 2014 GT wheels and tires, with center caps and TPMS,

mustang stuff from the anniversary show in Charlotte, T shirts, a 50 FT reel air hose, etc.

Come over and see me !!!!!

LILBLKSNAKE

Village Idiot
Established Member
The best thing to do for next year would be to gather a group of people that actually have an interest in improving the event and have a couple brainstorming sessions. I know there was talk about doing this last year. UPR did nothing for the event except try to peddle all their junk.
Regardless of what the people who never race say about NED, I have had very good luck with the track and it's management. But obviously they want to stand behind events that generate revenue for the facility.

svt1111

Established Member
I'll be going to Musclepalooza at Lebanon instead. So will the 4 other guys who we always attended both FFW, and Tasca with every year for ages. The car count is so poor, it's kinda depressing going for the Tasca "day" now. Track prep is poor too. Why can't they prep the track like a rental day when Tasca is paying the big money to sponsor the event?! I can speak for the five of us and probably others on here when I say that I'd Tasca is only going to sponsor one Ford day at NED, bring back the October event. The air is far better for HP, and ET. That was one of the best events of the year when they used to do it in the fall.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Musclepalooza is a good show! Went earlier in the year.
Comments are spot on.

DHG4410

Established Member
Not a racer but I don't understand the complaints about the facility. Didn't the ownership group drop four or five million into the track. I go every year to this event and last year was a weather issue but I am not making excuses for the poor advertising or turn out.
Thanks

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
IMO there's no advertising across the board. The perfect example of this is that THIS THREAD is in fact the only means of advertising to me. I consider myself to be fairly connected to mainstream media mustangwise(Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and popular forums). For supposedly one of the formerly largest Northeast events to not come across any of these streams whether I'm directly following them or not shows a huge fault in advertising.

NED and Tasca are not using the appropriate streams of media to make this event what it should and needs to be for the mustang lovers of the Northeast. People mention UPR being a sponsor. But in all honesty, they were a poor sponsor for the reasons that they didn't explore the proper avenues to promote their sponsorship opportunities.

What attracts people these days is instant gratification. People don't want to do the work(I.E. try to find the show).

This should be one of the hottest shows talked about among the mustang show/mustang racing scene but the people who need to be out there promoting/spreading the word and recruiting to make those who'll make this show exciting are not present in the places that count. I feel a strong disconnect among local vendors and the ultimate population here.

Details about the show should be readily accessible and easy to follow. Until otherwise, this venue will continue to fail.

Talk and an interested following is what will make this a successful event for futures to come

Sitnlopro99gt

Established Member
IMO there's no advertising across the board. The perfect example of this is that THIS THREAD is in fact the only means of advertising to me. I consider myself to be fairly connected to mainstream media mustangwise(Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and popular forums). For supposedly one of the formerly largest Northeast events to not come across any of these streams whether I'm directly following them or not shows a huge fault in advertising.

NED and Tasca are not using the appropriate streams of media to make this event what it should and needs to be for the mustang lovers of the Northeast. People mention UPR being a sponsor. But in all honesty, they were a poor sponsor for the reasons that they didn't explore the proper avenues to promote their sponsorship opportunities.

What attracts people these days is instant gratification. People don't want to do the work(I.E. try to find the show).

This should be one of the hottest shows talked about among the mustang show/mustang racing scene but the people who need to be out there promoting/spreading the word and recruiting to make those who'll make this show exciting are not present in the places that count. I feel a strong disconnect among local vendors and the ultimate population here.

Details about the show should be readily accessible and easy to follow. Until otherwise, this venue will continue to fail.

Talk and an interested following is what will make this a successful event for futures to come

Amen to that.

1320 Junkie

Established Member

I agree 100% ... when theres something local going on I put it on Instagram so my followers are informed...matter of fact I just did this yesterday for a track rental im doing sept 22 at Atco Dragway.

DHG4410

Established Member

Well said.

LILBLKSNAKE

Village Idiot
Established Member
These events also need more local club support.
The three clubs that I hang out with are NHMC, Mustangs of Mass, and MCCNE and although all of them participate, they really should have major events like this scheduled as club events.
Obviously we can't help scheduling conflicts with everything out there but club events shouldn't overlap major Ford related events

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
I also think moving forward if it is at all possible, those in leadership positions for this event should converse with say the American Muscle staff to see what they do to make their event so successful.

One thing I can say is that I saw the advertisement for that show peppered all over the place.

Steve@Tasca

I'm with you 100%, to be honest I have no idea who is supposed to be in charge of what for this event but it's obviously not been well advertised or promoted. I posted up on multiple Facebook pages but odds are it's going to be too late to do much for this years event. I have brought this to the attention of some people in a position to make things happen so hopefully next year things will be different.

-Steve

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Well said James, 100% agreed

Really good shows take time to grow and become successful. The AM show and Mustang week did not get as big as they are overnight

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
I'm with you 100%, to be honest I have no idea who is supposed to be in charge of what for this event but it's obviously not been well advertised or promoted. I posted up on multiple Facebook pages but odds are it's going to be too late to do much for this years event. I have brought this to the attention of some people in a position to make things happen so hopefully next year things will be different.

-Steve

Steve I agree it'll take time. It'll also take the right people in the right positions making the right decisions.

What makes people excited about a show? The venue, the cars, the cause, the buzz, and the timing. If you can make those all come together you'll have a helluva show on your hands.

There are plenty of talented and knowledgable people here in the northeast with great connections that could be utilized to build the popularity of this show.

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
Well said James, 100% agreed

Really good shows take time to grow and become successful. The AM show and Mustang week did not get as big as they are overnight

I agree Ian. This will not happen overnight. I would view this transformation and growth as more of a 3-5 year period.

Users who are viewing this thread