Tasca Ford 2010 Cobra Jet runs 8.97 @ 153

F8L BYT

Established Member
That one is modded though and isn't how it came from ford, So you could do the same with any car for a lot less and still be street legal.. I guess what I'm getting at is I'm not impressed really. Sick times though

RUN4CVR

Established Member
I don't know what mean by modded looks just like any other 2010 Cobra Jet and it dosent say that they changed anything other than working on the tune

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
That one is modded though and isn't how it came from ford, So you could do the same with any car for a lot less and still be street legal.. I guess what I'm getting at is I'm not impressed really. Sick times though

It says stock as it came from ford? What mods are you talking about?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
What class does that car run, Stock E, or Super stock. If it's Stock E, you are extremely limited in mods. Super stock rules are much more lenient though.

bhiggs89

Established Member
What class does that car run, Stock E, or Super stock. If it's Stock E, you are extremely limited in mods. Super stock rules are much more lenient though.

Stock Eliminator

To the other guy saying it was "modded", you obviously don't know much about the Stock E class. These cars are thoroughly inspected all the time, if they win a race, the engine gets torn apart to check for specs.

Very impressive!

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
thats deff not stock how you buy it, look @ the engine bay, I can bet money on it it has a smaller pulley and pushing more boost, and has new exaust, and they come with diff tires in the pic it has better hoosier tires not the goodyear eagle m/t street slicks that come on them stock, so it prob has tune,intake,exaust,pulley and tires,because thats about 1-2 sec fast 1/4 and a good 10-20mph faster then every other posted 1/4 and trap speed ive seen of stone stock from ford, they usually run in the 10's @ 125-130 or so. and this is running 8's @ 150 thats a big diff that would prob mean its not the same 500-600hp they come stock,its prob pushing a good extra 100-200+rwhp.

Last edited:

bhiggs89

Established Member
thats deff not stock how you buy it, look @ the engine bay, I can bet money on it it has a smaller pulley and pushing more boost, and has new exaust, and they come with diff tires in the pic it has better hoosier tires not the goodyear eagle m/t street slicks that come on them stock, so it prob has tune,intake,exaust,pulley and tires,because thats about 1-2 sec fast 1/4 and a good 10-20mph faster then every other posted 1/4 and trap speed ive seen of stone stock from ford, they usually run in the 10's @ 125-130 or so. and this is running 8's @ 150 thats a big diff that would prob mean its not the same 500-600hp they come stock,its prob pushing a good extra 100-200+rwhp.

The very first race last year, a Cobra Jet won, it ran consistent 10.1X. By the end of the year they got the time down to mid 9's.

This is a completely different car, so I don't believe this is anything crazy. Look for NHRA to start making some adjustments though.

red9450

Established Member
this is a quote from the article....
8.97 at 153 mph...straight from the factory. Holy Hell.

tistan

Established Member
I just looked up the cobra jet stats and base model is 425hp, and the option with the aluminum 5.4 is 475 hp. Not enough to run 8s at 153mph.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
the car has been messed with, guessing the weight of the car is maybe around 3200 pounds total with driver you would need around 900 flywheel horsepower to get that there. If the car weighs more than you need even more horsepower, you cant just change physics and math overnight.

anyone who actually knows cars and knows what it takes to run these times knows this car has been messed with. 475hp my butt

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread