Tasca Cobra Jet goes 4.95@140 7.72@177

mhoover

Established Member
Watching these cars run at the NHRA events is almost as impressive as lining up next to them....

Pretty neat that the family of Bob Tasca Sr, the man that came up with the cobra jet back in the 60s, has the fastest Cobra Jet today!

Click on link for full article:
Carl Tasca, Sr. Takes Cobra Jet Into the Fours in the Eighth-Mile - NMCA

th_IMG_0981.jpg

Tasca-Second-Timeslip.jpg

Matt

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Love those Cobra Jets. That was an awesome run. 7.7@177 is "hauling the mail" for sure! Tasca Ford FTW!

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
Got damn! Car traps in the 1/8 what I would on my best day trap in the 1/4. It's to bad there not street legal they would be killin it.

Scottyk

Established Member
best part is...he doesn't race it at any events...it's just a toy :)

Not sure why thats the best part? Whatever class he would be legal in would blow this thing away almost guarenteed..

Dont get me wrong its a badass car and I love it, but its extremely impressive what some class cars can run compared to what they're limited to.

61mmstang94

Established Member
Not sure why thats the best part? Whatever class he would be legal in would blow this thing away almost guarenteed..

Dont get me wrong its a badass car and I love it, but its extremely impressive what some class cars can run compared to what they're limited to.

I hafta agree because class cars going fast are limited by rules for every aspect of the engine and power adder.

For this car he has no limits and can just put whatever he wants on it.

That being said, it's still an awesome car. I'd love to make a pass in that thing!

jleews6

Established Member
The funny thing is that the car ran 7.77 and thats also the car number. The reason most of there cars are 777 or have 777 in them is because that was the original address of the first Tasca dealership. My dad bought a 68 Mustang from them with a tunnel port in it back in 68 and when I was racing one of the guys that came up with the original 428CJ idea used to help me and still does alot of work on there race cars.
Ralph Poirier is probably the smartest Ford guy I have ever met and he is the guy that works on that CJ.

hammerhead2

Established Member

Pretty sure the car is not too far off from being Super Stock legal. I think they mostly just don't make weight with it. Also it should be legal for the Cobra Jet class in ADRL to best of my knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread