Talon on the dyno...

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
My best friends from back home In chicago got this talon on the dyno finally. They bought the car in pieces for a great price...made some good numbers but on this pass the found the fuel pump only getting 9.5v and they have a little more boost and rpm left in it. Its still awd and should be killer when done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WsvcZTNCyY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

laruei

Established Member
709 is damn impressive..!

32062708.jpg

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Yeah shep built the trans... the car should be like 2600lbs dry and this was at 42lbs of boost... they think it should be good to 10k rpm and once the fuel pump sees 14-16v it should really make some power. We used to Tour super chevy shows with monza funny car but lately they've been in the import world he also has a 650fwhp Neon srt-4 built by a AMS. They bought this car pretty much in boxes and a bunch of parts the guy got tired of the project so they got it for real cheap.

Grimster

Established Member
Ive been toying with the idea of getting a DSM as a little project car.

What turbo is in that thing? Paint and body look to be in fantastic condition.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Everything is built to take the punishment. It's not a street car with a chute on it. .full cage and sheet metal interior so it's going to be quick if it goes straight. .. long enough lol. Ill try and get more info on it and some better pics.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Its a gt42r turbo and shep built the trans and the diff. Its also much livhter than I thought...only about 2800 with in it ready to go...and he's about 250lbs

Last edited:

Poppacapp

Established Member
If it's a Shepard built tranny its pretty much indestructible lol

I remember the good old days at the Diamond Star Shootouts.. hanging out at Buschurs with Marc Hallman, John Shepherd, Bill Lawrence and the crowd. Miss those days.. The shootouts were definitely worth going to each year. Miss my Eclipse.. but sadly.. they were money pits...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What year is that Talon? It looks just like my old '91 Eclipse GSX. Same colors, too. My Eclipse was nice car. Decent power with the turbo. AWD for more fun. :)

Users who are viewing this thread