\\\ Tall Vert Drivers ///

GoingHaam

Established Member
Quick question to all the Tall, 6ft plus vert owners, have you guys done any interior mods to make yourself fit in the car more comfortably? I have already done the extended tracks mod and the mod that allows you to recline the seat all the way back.

The problem that I am having with that is you cannot recline the seat back very far because of the speaker in the rear interior panel. The seat hit this speaker and you cant go any further.

My question is have any of you had custom interior panels made to relocate the speaker, or altered the panels you already have? Is this possible or structurally impossible (something behind the panel) to keep this from happening????

KaotikGT

Established Member
Im only 5'8 so now where near the hieght problem, but is there any way to lower the seat in these things? I dont really care about the power seat if I could get it closer to the floor.

LordVader04

Established Member
When you say 6ft + do you mean 6,2" or are you talking about 6,8"? I am a little over 6,2" and weigh 260 and other than wanting to lean the seat back maybe just a little but more I find myself pretty comfortable in my vert. I mean if you really wanted the rear panel modified I'm sure someone could do it. I would buy one that someone parted out and modify it, that way you could keep your stock panel for resale:beer:

JSTBCUZ

Established Member
Damn man, how tall are you? lol

Im only 5'8 so now where near the hieght problem, but is there any way to lower the seat in these things? I dont really care about the power seat if I could get it closer to the floor.

Are you talking about only the front of the seat? If so I feel the same way. It feels like your sitting on an incline because the front of the seat is higher. I eventually got used to it.

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Im 6' 1" and its been a while since I drove mine (hopefully next month) and Ive yet to do the rail extension but I am working on new rear 1/4 panels. I requires the removal of the huge rear speaker housings but would it be better to just remove the speakers all together?

GoingHaam

Established Member
When you say 6ft + do you mean 6,2" or are you talking about 6,8"? I am a little over 6,2" and weigh 260 and other than wanting to lean the seat back maybe just a little but more I find myself pretty comfortable in my vert. I mean if you really wanted the rear panel modified I'm sure someone could do it. I would buy one that someone parted out and modify it, that way you could keep your stock panel for resale:beer:

yes, im a little over 6'2 as well... so I know it has to be worse for taller person. Its kinda hard for me to get overly comfortable (maybe I'm expecting too much out of the car). I dont plan on ever selling the car, and of I would like to have the panels look as stock as possible, but if it becomes a problem i'd replace it later.

Damn man, how tall are you? lol

Are you talking about only the front of the seat? If so I feel the same way. It feels like your sitting on an incline because the front of the seat is higher. I eventually got used to it.

6'2... if have gotten use to the seat angle as well... it could possible be the reason i can get comfortable.

Im 6' 1" and its been a while since I drove mine (hopefully next month) and Ive yet to do the rail extension but I am working on new rear 1/4 panels. I requires the removal of the huge rear speaker housings but would it be better to just remove the speakers all together?

if it was a strip car I would consider that, but its a cruiser so I would the speakers are a necessity, lol. but im open to changing to a new speaker size so i can relocate them out of the way.

i noticed ford moved them in later generations

Last edited:

LordVader04

Established Member
yes, im a little over 6'2 as well... so I know it has to be worse for taller person. Its kinda hard for me to get overly comfortable (maybe I'm expecting too much out of the car). I dont plan on ever selling the car, and of I would like to have the panels look as stock as possible, but if it becomes a problem i'd replace it later.

Yea we difinately are not working with a Cadillac interior and ride quality LOL, not that I do not like my interior because I do and I do not mind the ride quality either, but with that being said my Terminator wouldn't be my first choice for a long road trip. I think if it is your daily driver or your weekend cruiser the seat comfort pretty much is what it is, but if I had to sit on an egg crate I would still enjoy driving the old girl:rockon:

GoingHaam

Established Member
Really? Do you have pics of the differences?
the speaker hits stops the seat from reclining here....
Xw_800_zps0192d101.jpg

fg_800_zps9860b736.jpg

The speaker was engineered out of the way in 05+

85189347-5sm_zps3185c838.jpg

GoingHaam

Established Member
Ideally i would like to relocate the speakers to one of these two locations the red would be side mounted, and the blue would be top mounted... does any know if these locations possible?

Untitled_zps53dc81c3.jpg

GoingHaam

Established Member
Thanks for those pics!!! hmmm :scratches head: i forgot about the rear window windows mechanics as well, this may get interesting. the speaker housings may not be necessary (especially for new speakers... i dont think its impossible yet which is a good thing

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
i'm 6'2" & my seat is all the way back & i think atleast for me it feels perfect.
now if i have a bigger friend in the car its annoying to drive cause of bumping elbows

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Thanks for those pics!!! hmmm :scratches head: i forgot about the rear window windows mechanics as well, this may get interesting. the speaker housings may not be necessary (especially for new speakers... i dont think its impossible yet which is a good thing
I think its possible and I have some ideas but I dont have the full recline mod so I'll have to wing it until I get that mod (from where and how much is it?)

Users who are viewing this thread