Talk about Pathetic!

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
So I am in the market for a fun car.

I drove a scion frs (the gf really liked the way it looked) and besides for a lack of power it was a fun little car!

That being said I thought hey I wonder if the have a twin screw supercharger kit for it, that will solve the low end torque problem and make it even more fun to drive.

Well they do have a TS kit and it is only about 3-4k

BUT....

It only increases peak hp by 40 hp and torque by 52 lb feet!

I was hoping for maybe 300 rwhp because that car would FLY!

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
check out crawford performance. the 2.0 in the FRS is the strongest factory subaru motor built.

they are awesome cars, but they appeal to an actual driver. they typical roll racing/dyno sheet swinging/e racer SVTP poster won't understand.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
check out crawford performance. the 2.0 in the FRS is the strongest factory subaru motor built.

they are awesome cars, but they appeal to an actual driver. they typical roll racing/dyno sheet swinging/e racer SVTP poster won't understand.

lol

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member

I feel like I'm in the jalopnik comments section

"who cares if its ridiculously underpowered, its all about how it makes you feeeeeeeeeeel"

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
FRS is what it is, a fun little car with potential. Quit looking at HP/Torque numbers and look at track performance. Or just put new batteries in your butt plug and buy a Corolla.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
FRS is what it is, a fun little car with potential. Quit looking at HP/Torque numbers and look at track performance. Or just put new batteries in your butt plug and buy a Corolla.

track numbers? you dont know much about cars do you? it has no GRIP it runs on prius tires...it wont do ANY decent lap times

10splaya22

Established Member
track numbers? you dont know much about cars do you? it has no GRIP it runs on prius tires...it wont do ANY decent lap times

If you can put a supercharger on it I'm pretty sure you can replace the tires as well. If you want to get crazy you can even put new wheels on with the tires!

2001GTTT

Yellow is faster
Established Member
actually most people in here making fun of the car have never even driven one, notice, I said MOST. For what its worth, the fr-s is an extremely fun car to drive, not tons of power, but the car is small and light, it doesnt need it. It handles like its on rails. I wouldnt mind owning one someday.

LS2GTO

Established Member

There's plenty of cars that turn well AND go fast. Guess if you only want one of them, you go with the FRS.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Nope, don't know shit. But it is a fun car, and the POTENTIAL is there. Better tires(guess nobody ever changes their stock setup to go to the track), better shocks(not really needed for the road but good for the track) and a boxer engine with a boat load of aftermarket support available and in the pipeline. Nope, these things are just utter failures and will go the way of the Edsel. No chance that they will take off like another cheap, underpowered, secretaries car.

Users who are viewing this thread