taking off side markers front & rear?!?!?!

89 5.0

Established Member
so i want to tint the orange and red side markers on the car. just by looking at them and with about 3mins of feeling around the front and rear bumpers i feel like this is going to be a pain:cuss:... anyone who has taken theirs out please help me save some time.. whats the best way of taking them out? do i need to go through the fender wells or need to take off the under tray off the front?:shrug:

alex12gt

Established Member
you can take the under tray out or pop the bolts out of the front part of the bumper and pull the bumper away enough to get at them....id prolly for from the under side....as far as the rear i think we pulled mine off

oneslo5.0

Established Member
Take the bumper off, seriously. You can have it off in 5 minutes with a 7, 8 and 10mm.

Reno Five-O

Established Member
Take the bumper off, seriously. You can have it off in 5 minutes with a 7, 8 and 10mm.

Seriously takes no time my car had some body work done and the shop didn't plug my marker lights back up, realized it when I got home so a few minutes I removed the bumper plugged them back up and had it back on. Would have probably been more of an effort to drive it back there and have them do it...

89 5.0

Established Member
thanks for the advice guys! i personally havent taken off the bumper yet but might try that other wise ill go with the AM kit!

RioRed4v

Established Member
i bought a sheet a tint to do mine when i did my headlights. I didnt have to take them off and was pretty easy overall.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
If you want to spray tint, the bumper comes off so easily. I used the vinyl for mine...no need to take bumper off.

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
The am kit is ok. I have them. But I took mine off and night shade sprayed what the tint didnt cover. If not you will see some of the amber around the tint. I didnt like that.

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
IMAG0947.jpg

IMAG0946.jpg

IMAG0945.jpg

Sprayed mine with VHT and created a mirror finish. Did NOT take the front bumper off. Took the bottom splash guard off and slid my hand up there.

Users who are viewing this thread