taking off headlight

NukeGuard

Established Member
I picked up a full tenth in the eighth removing mine. Consistant 8.9's that night until I took out the light. After that, consistant 8.8's.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I take mine off at the track, my filter is open at the end and it sits directly behind the hole for the headlight.

215923.jpg

83463.jpg

NukeGuard

Established Member
are u kidding me :nonono:

Not kidding. My cousin had his car there and was hanging with me all night. I took the headlight out and he went in to "Pinks" mode..."We didn't negotiate that!".

I know it sounds crazy, but I can assure you I benefited greatly from removing the passenger headlight. It might not have been a "full" tenth, but like I stated earlier, consistant 8.9's before consistant 8.8's afterward.

Last edited:

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
I've thought about doing the same.. do you guys tie up the wires or anything so they're not getting thrown around as well or just leave em hangin?

03MACH150BP

2003 Mach1 Slowmatic
Established Member
I've thought about doing the same.. do you guys tie up the wires or anything so they're not getting thrown around as well or just leave em hangin?

I SHOVE THE HEADLIGHT CORD BACK UNDER THE FILTER. I HOOK THE SIDE LIGHT BACK UP TO MY LIGHT SCOOP. DON'T FORGET TO REMOVE THE BLUBS AND THE RETAINING RING. ALL CAPS LOL!:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread