tailpipes-restricting HP

98cobradan

Established Member
Do tailpipes restrict HP?? just wondering cuz in my city they have this stupid noise ordinance law. And i was reading on some local forums that they have been writing tickets left and right for this, even if its a rusted out crap car. SO i might have to quiet the cobra down a bit, its got flowmaster mufflers no tail pipes and x pipe with cats

Last edited:

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I doubt it. The difference is probably the slightest bit if even that.

blkstangman88

Established Member
theres a huge noise diff when i went from my magnapacks being dumped to the tail pipes being installed. but hp diff i didnt even notice

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
No there isn't unless you are pushing a lot of boost or a lot of HP and need less back pressure, that the tail pipes would create. You might actually gain some tq if you add them on because of the added back pressure that they would create...

FATPAUL

To The Bat-Mobile!
Established Member
Sounds exactly like what i was running until i switched over to a bassani catback. I Love it compared to the dump sound, i dunno, its still sounds all good to me.

Im running boost and havnt seen any drop but maybe a tad more. Just guessing.

98cobradan

Established Member
ya i got a warning last year bout my exhaust being too loud, and now they seem to be crackin down on just bout any car, truck, bike...I soo love the dumped sound that i have already just dont want no $250 ticket :(Ya thats right, the city right next to my city has issued this same ordinance with up to a $250 fine, for excessively loud exhaust, its f-up just another way for the city to make money

Toasty

Established Member
ya i got a warning last year bout my exhaust being too loud, and now they seem to be crackin down on just bout any car, truck, bike...I soo love the dumped sound that i have already just dont want no $250 ticket :(Ya thats right, the city right next to my city has issued this same ordinance with up to a $250 fine, for excessively loud exhaust, its f-up just another way for the city to make money

NO, its a good way for those of us who pay taxes to be able to live in peace without some azzhat tearing around my neighbourhood with exhaust I can hear 4 blocks away with my doors and windows closed.

If you arent one of these guys, cool. There are plenty of these tards around, and I can guarantee you some people on this board behave in a very uncool, disrepstecful way - THIS is why your local ordnances are in place.

Excessively loud exhaust is one of the uncoolest things about being around the car hobby. If you want straight exhaust, get a race car like stampede3. Otherwise, dont be a loud douche.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
You need dooz whistle tips!
846026[/ATTACH]"]
woowoo2.gif

Attachments

• woowoo2.gif
    woowoo2.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 14

My94GT

Established Member
NO, its a good way for those of us who pay taxes to be able to live in peace without some azzhat tearing around my neighbourhood with exhaust I can hear 4 blocks away with my doors and windows closed.

If you arent one of these guys, cool. There are plenty of these tards around, and I can guarantee you some people on this board behave in a very uncool, disrepstecful way - THIS is why your local ordnances are in place.

Excessively loud exhaust is one of the uncoolest things about being around the car hobby. If you want straight exhaust, get a race car like stampede3. Otherwise, dont be a loud douche.

ahahahaha funny......i run dumps and love it :rockon:

(thought i dont act like a tool in residential areas)

Last edited:

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
I love my LT's, catless X, and mac pro dumps. Yes its loud, but in residential areas I keep it below 2k. Sometimes I think the drone is worse than the romp...

98ylwturbocobra

Established Member
i had dumps and i was written a ticket for it and now i have full 3inch exhaust and still ran 9.50 at 150 so if you want tailpipes get them it isnt worth tickets dont get me wrong if you have a stroked pushrod motor then yea that does sound much better being dumped but like i said not worth tickets........

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
Sometimes I think the drone is worse than the romp...

I agree. When I go through parking garages and neighborhoods, I keep the RPMs low, and I swear more people stare me down that way than if I cruise through at around 2500. (Bassani catted X and Magnapacks :shrug:)

Users who are viewing this thread