Tagged Evolution Performance Stage 5!!!!! WOW!!!!!!

Kostas

Established Member
Hello Everyone. I am a TS member but i have been reading the SVT forums for a while. This is my first post and i appologize for it being so long, but i am too excited Lol.... so here it goes,

Tagged Evolution Performance Stage 5!!!!! WOW!!!!!!

Well before I get in to that a little history….is the fun kind of history trust me Lol

I went to a dealer that I had purchased other vehicles from, back in 2007 wanting to buy a Shelby GT500. When they told me there was a waiting list (I have no patience whatsoever), I told them to forget about it, and since I was itching to buy a car I end up getting an F350 lariat dully pick up truck with all the options except navigation. Love that truck!! Fast forward to January of 2008, I’m taking my truck for scheduled service and on my way there I get a call from the salesman at the dealership. I told him I was on my way so when I got there he said: “you are not going to believe what I have in the showrom floor” I responded “It don’t matter because I know what I don’t have in my pocket” lol, but lets take a look. There it was my dream car. It was like it had been ordered especially for me! 2009 Black with alloy stripes, true beauty. I called my wife and after about 5 minutes telling her that this was destiny, (and her knowing how impatient I am) she brought me a check for the down payment! Signed papers on Friday and I picked up the car on a Saturday!!!!! Out of the 5 vehicles that I bought from them, this was the the fastest transaction ever! Due to weather and work I dint get much driving time, so I started reading the forums and I decided that I wanted to take this car to the next level. Since I have no time to do any work on the car myself, I was searching for a reputable shop, close to where I live, and experienced with these cars. My search brought me to Evolution Performance website and at the moment I felt they would be the right choice. Boy was I right!!!!! I made a phone call, spoke to Kent and he spent some time on the phone with me trying to get a feel of what I want to do with car. That was a much more comfortable approach for me as opposed of him trying to push the most expensive things he had in stock, and it initiated an unparallel level of trust. I told him that I wanted a fast reliable car, somewhere in the 600+ horsepower level, that I can take my wife and drive to wherever, and whenever I want without any issues. I also emphasized I was not interested in racing the car, and I was not going to do any other mods (yeah right…little that I knew then)!!!! Kent suggested the TVS Stage 2 package and I said go for it. I drove to their shop (about an hour away from home) and after seeing 10-15 Shelby GT500 beeing worked on, I was convinced Evolution Performance was the right choice! Let me tell you these guys know our cars better than Ford!! Skilled profecionals that care about our cars as if they were their own! I picked up the car 2 days later and …wow what a difference. It was exactly what I wanted and exactly what Evolution had told me it would be like! Since almost all of us are familiar with the phrase: “it never ends” it didn’t for me eather…. I think im pretty close though lol. I have made 4 trips to Evolution since the TVS upgrade, leading to Stage 5, and I tell you with the exception of the Nexus wideband and Shelby heat exchanger I never asked them for any mod in particular! I just droped the car off and I said: “you know how I want my car so go ahead” I know it sounds kinda odd but this is how much I trust these guys, and what they do! I can not express how thrilled I am with my car. They have exceded ALL my expectations!!!! They went above and beyond, and covered every little detail, down to the custom center ring on my rims witch was a custom made surprise by Fred Cook. I had no clue about it until I saw it!!! Below im including an E-mail I sent to Evolution when I drove my car right after the Stage 5 (please excuse the language):

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2009 4:07 PM
To: Kent Kiehl
Subject: First impresions driving my car....wow!!!!!!

I just came back from terorizing inocent bystanders and motorists!! The car is a ****ING BEAST!!!!!!!!!!! It pulls like a friging freight train, it hauls ass like a bat out of hell, and it sounds like all hell is breaking loose!!!!!! Wow!!!!!! I went to Autozone to by some cleaning stuff and by the time i came out, there was a croud of people checking the car out and asking me questions about it!!! Amazing...i love it. Also i kid you not the ride is as smooth as my wife's minivan!!!! I have never seen tires (especialy low profile) as smooth as these! NO ROAD NOISE WHATSOEVER!!!! They hook great once warmed up, and they are excelent in the rain. Dont know what else to say other than thank you for transforming my car in to a sick ride!!!

Thanx for everything man...

Kostas

Thank you all for reading, im sorry about the looooong post and most likely I will meet some of you in person this Friday at the track or Saturday at Evolution’s car show.

Special thanx to all that were involved in my car’s transformation. Fred (love that wheel package and the little surprise), Nelson (more passionate about these cars than Carrol Shelby himself), Kent (special thanx to you buddy for all your help and suggestions) Shawn (your suspension work is amazing), Chuck, Mickey (you guys Rock!!)

I know I know…pics: Evolution Performance Stage 5 #12 Evolution Performance: 2007-2009 Shelby GT500 » 2007 Shelby GT500 Stage 5 #12

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Congrats! They are a great group of guys for sure! Lets see some pics!

2Sharpie

Established Member
Looks bad ass...........Now you should know you are required to list all mods (including tires and sizes!!!)

rdsnk46

Established Member
Nice! Good to hear positive feedback, I heard that Fred Cook is the brains of the operation!

Kostas

Established Member
Looks bad ass...........Now you should know you are required to list all mods (including tires and sizes!!!)

You are right...got to do that and i will, as soon as i get a chance. Tires are Toyo T1r 305/30ZR20 rears and 255/35/ZR20 front...

2kmelat

Established Member
no kent is the brains there just kidding fred congrads on your ride

jaystang

Established Member
Your car looks sweet!! Nice choice in mods!!

Break down the mods (parts) list for us rookies.:-D

Jay:thumbsup:

Kostas

Established Member
Here is my mod list.... i think that's all of it anyway Lol

TVS with 2.6 pulley
IW 10% Lower
NGK TR 6 Plugs
Auxilary Idler
Ford Racing CAI
Evolution Polished Fuel Rails
80# Injectors
L&M Throttle Body
CJ Maf Housing
Shelby Radiator & Heat Exchanger
180* Thermostat
Moroso tanks (radiator, intercooler, power steering)
Evo Ultimate Suspension
Ford Racing springs and Sway bars
Steeda HD upper strut mounts
Heavy Duty motor mounts
Line/Break Lock
AR 1 7/8" headers with catted X
Ford Racing 5GT "Stinger" Axle Back Exhaust
One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft with front safety loop
Steeda Tri ax shifter
Ford Racing 3.73 gears
Nexus Gauges (Boost. Fuel pressure, Wideband)
SOS Pillar Gauge Pod
Savini 20" Rims SV23s painted Black/Alloy with a custom Cobra center cap

Evolution Stage 5 #12 Tagged 9/10/09

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
If I lived near PA I would probably have done something similar by now. Looks great.
Toyo T1R tires? What sizes? Any dyno numbers?

Last edited:

Kostas

Established Member
^^^^^ Now that is a list!!!

Nice!!!

Jay:thumbsup:

Thanx Jay!!

If I lived near PA I would probably have done something similar by now. Looks great.
Toyo T1R tires? What sizes? Any dyno numbers?

You dont have to live in PA to have your car the way you like it. Everytime i went to Evo there were more out of State cars than local. First time i went i was talking to a Stangmafia member that drove there from Indiana...that was his 4th trip!! Just come up with a plan and it will be well worth it trust me!
Tires are 305/30/ZR20 rear and 255/35/ZR20 front I really like them!

mixxer

Established Member
Thanks for the props kostas. I built his car exactly like i would do my own. 680 to the tire on a lazy pump gas tune on a car that you can take on vacation is awesome combo. It was a pleasure working with kostas. I have drien alot of power cars and i think this car is the most fun i have had in a street car.I LOVE MY JOB!

harley99fb

Established Member
Thanx Jay!!

You dont have to live in PA to have your car the way you like it. Everytime i went to Evo there were more out of State cars than local. First time i went i was talking to a Stangmafia member that drove there from Indiana...that was his 4th trip!! Just come up with a plan and it will be well worth it trust me!
Tires are 305/30/ZR20 rear and 255/35/ZR20 front I really like them!

Hi Kostas,

I'm Cal, the guy from Indiana that you talked to when you first had your TVS installed.

Wow....you have come a long ways since then.:beer:

The Mod Bug bites very hard, doesn't it?:lol1:

You now have a real beast for sure.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread