Tablets

Shiper

Really Cool Guy
Established Member
My wife wants a tablet. Idk why, she has the newest HTC phone and a laptop and is a stay at home mom, but she feels like she needs to have one. I don't understand the novelty, but whatever.

Anyway, she likes the Android OS, and I like a price tag around $2-300. Somebody school me. I have the most basic Nook and I like it, thought maybe about getting her one of the nice ones. Or maybe the Samsung Tab or whatever it is. Is there any reason I shouldn't cheap out and get an Acer or something?

Drop some knowledge on me dudes. :banana:

6.0GTO

Established Member
I see she likes the Android OS but it might be worth it to see what a new Windows 8 tablet looks and feels like.

Shiper

Really Cool Guy
Established Member
Didn't consider that. Just avoiding the ipad really. She will likely only play games and Facebook on the stupid thing anyway...

97cobraconvert

Established Member
I just bought the galaxy tab 2 7.0. I thought about the nexus 7 but couldn't get past the point of not being able to up the memory. I'm sure it's killer thou. The galaxy tab 2 is almost like my my galaxy phone but much bigger. Games and movies look great on it. Reading books on it much easier.

balls

Established Member
I have an asus tf300, hardly ever use my desktop anymore. Asus is fast with ota updates, and you cant beat the specs for the price.

musclefan21

Established Member
subbing.

i would like something around the size of ipad, compatible but cheaper..

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Either wait for the Nexus 7 with 32GB or try the new Win 8 tablet but if you said shes into games, get the Nexus. Windows has lil to no devs still and I don't see them getting on Androids and iOS level.

You won't find a better tabler in the $200-$300 range. Also love my 16GB Nexus 7.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree with looking at Windows 8 tablets, especially if she intends to upgrade her computer to Windows 8. And very smart to go with a lesser expensive tablet if all she is going to be basically is Facebook and occasionally play games. You will probably want to avoid the 7" and 5" tablets if she has an intention of browsing the Internet. There are a lot of very nice 10" tablets available now, so iPad no longer holds the edge on that size. One thing I don't like about ANY of the tablets is that they don't have a mouse/mouse-pad. This makes navigating webpages a pain in the butt and slower, compared to even a netbook.

blinelaxd27

Established Member
galaxy tab 2... just bought one for my gf... refurbished at best buy it was 299.... and its really nice she loves it.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
im going to be getting rid of one of my hp touchpads that has android dual boot on it. keeping my other touchpad but want to add a nexus 7

Ebeeson0502

Slowbra
Established Member
I have an asus tf300, hardly ever use my desktop anymore. Asus is fast with ota updates, and you cant beat the specs for the price.

Id stay clear of the TF300, I myself as many other people have fallen victim to a defective tablet. Lots of people are having issues with the touch screen becoming unresponsive. If you google Asus tablet touch screen a lot of shit will come up lol.

Mine did it rarely then it started to happen more often and now it doesnt work anymore, bought it like 4-5 months ago. $400 dollar ****ing brick now

Shiper

Really Cool Guy
Established Member
When I say games, I mean like Words with Friends or something. Nothing exciting.

Leaning towards the nexus, bout got me talked into it lol.

97cobraconvert

Established Member
What I read about the nook is that your limited to the barnes and noble approved app. It's not the full android system. The newest nook may be different. I use drop box some. But it takes way to long to upload a movie to drop box. It does it in the back ground and all, but I can load 3 or 4 movies onto my micro sd cards in the time it takes.

balls

Established Member
Id stay clear of the TF300, I myself as many other people have fallen victim to a defective tablet. Lots of people are having issues with the touch screen becoming unresponsive. If you google Asus tablet touch screen a lot of shit will come up lol.

Mine did it rarely then it started to happen more often and now it doesnt work anymore, bought it like 4-5 months ago. $400 dollar ****ing brick now

I've heard of some screen issues but I've never had any. I had a prime when it first launched but it fell victom to a spilled beer, have had the 300 since it came out and not one hiccup with either, well minus the beer

Users who are viewing this thread