T56 input shaft swap help!!!

navyfc117

FNG
Established Member
Sorry in advance but I have no clue the name of the thing I have circled. Either way I can't get the cover back on because it isn't lining up with the hole in the cover. I can't figure out how to push it to the right so that it will line up. It needs to go in the gap that i have the second arrow pointing at.

006-2.jpg

TRBO VNM

I slide the cover on until it is just hitting that shift rail or just before it hits it. Then I use a long flat head screw driver to lift it up to get it aligned in the hole on the cover. I am very careful not to push the cover too far so I don't lose RTV by hitting the screw driver.

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
OP, i just ran into the same issue.. turned out that, that part you have circled is a long rod that runs to rear area of transmission.. try to pull that rod forward just a little bit.. somehow i bumped mine removing cover, and couldnt get it to line up.. the little forks on that rod werent in the right spot either.. so i wiggled on it, it came forward until it clicked.. then everything lined up.. finished install, then drove the car to double check everything.. I hope this helps.

Last edited:

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
I'll give that a try. How hard was it to pull it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

it moves pretty easy! i also loosened that (pin) torq's bit i believe. the thing you have the arrow pointed too. i doubt you need to loosen it, but i did.. should be a simple fix. i hope it works out for you op! this was my issue, so thought id mention it.

Users who are viewing this thread