T/F icey resv. hi press. a/c line

caveman954

Established Member
Hi guys,I just got a battery box location t/f icey resv. Looks like an easy install. I didnt get any directions and steve said he will email some.

I just need to know where to hook up the high pressure line to. there are two hi press. lines coming off the condenser, one has a press. switch,,and a schrader fill port that goes to the compressor.

The other line goes straight to the firewall..... Which line do I tee into? I could not find a clear answer on any board. I think it should be the straight line that goes to the firewall. Thanks and sorry for the long post..

flashlight

Established Member
You would want to use the one that goes to the fire wall. The other one comes from the compressor. the comp heats the refridgerant (r134a) and the condenser cools it down. You want it cooled down before it goes into the expansion valve or orfice tube witch ever it has.

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
I took some pics when I installed mine but I'm not sure if you have an upgraded or different version from the first batch.. Maybe this will steer you in the right direction... Hi side low side..
P9070692.jpg

PA260574.jpg

PA260581.jpg

PA260583.jpg

PA260575.jpg

PA260583.jpg

PB010609.jpg

caveman954

Established Member
Thanks willy nice pics, looks like a easy hook up, just need a a/c guy to evac. charge and leak check. Seems hard to find people to do quality work anymore..

Users who are viewing this thread