t-56 or auto

SYMach9184

Established Member
i have a t-56 in my car but its whining bad now so its time for a new one but i was wondering if it would be better to put a auto in. car has a hellion 76 makin 650rwhp. any help would be great

justa03SVT

Weekend Warrior
Established Member
i have a t-56 in my car but its whining bad now so its time for a new one but i was wondering if it would be better to put a auto in. car has a hellion 76 makin 650rwhp. any help would be great

Id definatly put an auto behind it. But where I would there's xxxx number of people that would tell you to keep a manual in it. It all depends on what you want and what you use the car for. A '76 with a transbrake makes for a mean combo though.

DUMBASS

Banned
yep totally depends on your goals with the car. some people always want to be shifting their sports car as it is part of the fun. if you are into drag racing etc an auto is the way to go though.

SYMach9184

Established Member
i really like the car for highways pulls and stuff like that. so im thinking the 6spd is the way to go, but a auto would be easier to just nail and go idk im confused lol.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Auto.

I just finished my swap and I wish I did it sooner. The car is flat out nasty. Still fun to drive, you still shift it and the power is there all the time. Highway pulls are not an issue.

TRBO VNM

yep totally depends on your goals with the car. some people always want to be shifting their sports car as it is part of the fun. if you are into drag racing etc an auto is the way to go though.

based on the OP question. this is the right answer. :D

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
Unless I was building a car strictly for track use and competition, I'd stick with the manual. Like someone already stated, if you enjoy shifting, that's your answer.

Users who are viewing this thread