WANTED: T-56 Magnum

NotSatisfied

Established Member
**Need a Magnum, NOT XL**

Anyone selling one they had plans to use but never did? I am up not interested in one that has been put through the ringer.

Thanks!

Last edited:

IllCobra

Established Member
Isn’t the xl the one for the s197?
You are correct. I believe the magnum XL tail shaft is longer than a normal magnum- hence the XL. Seems like a lot of people don't know this. So you may want to edit your post OP otherwise you will end up spending unnecessary money modifying your new transmission just to get it to fit.

DCguy

Established Member
You don't want the XL version for these cars unless you plan to relocate the shifter and cut up your trans tunnel...

See spec sheet link below with associated part numbers for Ford. Comes in 3 flavors for our cars. The 2.66 1st gear is what comes OEM. You can get a higher geared 2.97 variant if you run a taller drag tire, drag race, or run a lower ratio ring/pinion gear. But generally the 2.66 is what most people get...

P.S > There is a 6-8mo backorder on Tremecs. If you end up ordering one, make sure to call ahead and see if they actually have it in stock or not.

BlackStang00

Established Member
I figured. I’ve been out of the s197 game for a few years and wanted to make sure. Just wanted to clarify for the op’s sake. Thanks guys.

NotSatisfied

Established Member
You don't want the XL version for these cars unless you plan to relocate the shifter and cut up your trans tunnel...

See spec sheet link below with associated part numbers for Ford. Comes in 3 flavors for our cars. The 2.66 1st gear is what comes OEM. You can get a higher geared 2.97 variant if you run a taller drag tire, drag race, or run a lower ratio ring/pinion gear. But generally the 2.66 is what most people get...

P.S > There is a 6-8mo backorder on Tremecs. If you end up ordering one, make sure to call ahead and see if they actually have it in stock or not.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread