T-56 Magnum Going In--Need A Clutch and Flywheel Recommendation

Smoke92

Established Member
Hey guys my T-56 has seen it's better days so I am going to be getting T-56 Magnum from D&D performance. I was wondering what clutch, flywheel, and throw out bearing you guys would recommend. My car has a 2.76 upper, and most of the bolt ons. I've also done the firewall adjuster and quick release quadrant. I thought I would do the head cooling mod also while the transmission is off. Anything else you guys think I should do while I'm in there? Thanks.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
if this is at all a street car, then a McLeod rst or rxt all the way!!

flywheel is up for debate depending on your use, some guys like steel, others like the stock aluminum.

snakeraper11b

Established Member
Send your stock flywheel to mcleod to have a new insert installed. It's around $100. No need to change to anything else. Go with the RXT clutch from mcloed as well.

Smoke92

Established Member
Not that I am totally writing McLeod but I've had a bad experience with them in my T-45 swap Thunderbird. Do you guys like any of the centerforce clutches at all?

03SBSNAKE

Established Member
I've installed the centerforce dyad in different mustangs camaro's and corvettes. The pedal is lighter than stock and they drive very nice. I've installed a few McLeod's and haven't had a problem but I think the centerforce is a bit nicer!

04cobrawhine

Established Member
I've installed the centerforce dyad in different mustangs camaro's and corvettes. The pedal is lighter than stock and they drive very nice. I've installed a few McLeod's and haven't had a problem but I think the centerforce is a bit nicer!

That's the clutch I just bought so that's good to hear!!! I agree, the dyad seems to be a bit nicer of a piece then the RXT. That along with the different way of driving the discs make it seem like a great clutch.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
cool, let us know how it works out for you! I don't think there are too many terminators on this board who are running that clutch. it does look very nice and has what appears to be a different floater plate setup than the rst/rxt

04cobrawhine

Established Member
cool, let us know how it works out for you! I don't think there are too many terminators on this board who are running that clutch. it does look very nice and has what appears to be a different floater plate setup than the rst/rxt

I will! Yea from what I've seen I'm kinda the test dummy in the terminator world with this clutch. The floater plate is different and the way the discs are driven. Only 1 disc actually goes on the input shaft. Hopefully I'll have it all in in a few weeks.

Smoke92

Established Member
I'm thinking I may get that one myself. Probably won't pull it untill next month though. I'll be interested to see what you think of it.

Users who are viewing this thread