T-45 Promotion vs Hanlon

SVT-98-

3 Stangs & an Olds
Established Member
Anyone know the the difference in the trans rebuild kits from these two places. They both offer 26 spline inputs, carbon fiber synchros. Promotion has cryo treated shift forks, and Hanlon has billet ones offered. Any other differences?

SVT-98-

3 Stangs & an Olds
Established Member
I think Im going to go through Hanlon, because I dont think promotion wants to sell me the parts anyway + the billets sound like a better idea. I have been trying to order from promotion for about a week & a half now without a call back yet. I was diggin some of the promotion clutch kits.

Last edited:

Slither

Established Member
Id go with Hanlon, great guy and very knowledgable and if you are having this much trouble getting in touch with PMP now when trying to give them money, imagine how long it would take to get an issue resolved

97cobratiny

97cobraTiny
Established Member
I think Im going to go through Hanlon, because I dont think promotion wants to sell me the parts anyway + the billets sound like a better idea. I have been trying to order from promotion for about a week & a half now without a call back yet. I was diggin some of the promotion clutch kits.

I have the rebuild kit from Hanlon and it works great. I upgraded everything they had to upgrade. And I live in Fla. so I was going to go with PMP but had similar problems, wouldn't call back, hard to get info. When I rebuilt about 2 years ago I also upgraded to the Ford Racing 11'' clutch, Ford Racing Cobra R Alum. flywheel, the Ford Racing Alum. driveshaft, and the clutch cable and firewall adjuster. So if your are going to upgrade to any Ford Racing products check out Southwest Ford, a dealership in Texas. Website - Ford Parts | Ford Racing Parts | OEM Ford Parts | Ford Dealer Parts and I worked with Keith Sexton the Assistant Parts Manager. At the time they had the best prices shipped to me there was. And trust me I did my research, if I was going to spend that much I was going to get the best deal I could find. Im a cheap bastard:rockon:

Last edited:

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
Man I don't know what you guys are all talking about. Walt at Promo may be long winded and maybe a bit slow, but you can't find anyone much more knowledgeable. And as long as you don't give him any attitude and are willing to listen he'll talk to you til your questions are answered. At least that's how it went for me. And I ordered a ton of stuff from him, not a rebuild kit but just all the pieces I had broke and a synchro kit. And now the old trans runs well :) Plus their synchro's are cheaper.

Last edited:

SVT-98-

3 Stangs & an Olds
Established Member
I have talked to the guys at promotion a bunch of times, and they have given me plenty of time on the phone helping me pick a set-up that will work good with my car, and are very nice. They just would not get back to me with prices, so I could order the parts. I did get a hold of them again, and am probably going to order from them, because they have the clutch, and flywheel combo that I want. Also have a very good reputation.

Last edited:

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
I have a ProMotion T45, but only because Bob didn't have many upgrade parts for the T45 at the time. Hanlon really impressed me on the phone.

Users who are viewing this thread