Sync 4.4 update

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
My Sync hasn't been updated since December 2010, and every time I check, it says it's up to date. :whine:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I did the update. I was hoping it would now support text messaging with my iPhone 5s, but it still doesn't. It does show the artist and track info while streaming from my phone. It looks like mine still defaults to line in rather than BT audio after a key cycle, but I may not have given it enough time for the phone to connect before messing with it. It was still worth it given that it only took ten minutes or so.

my F150 didnt want to work with text messages for a while, I wish I could remember where I found the sequence of how to go through everything but after I did that my 5s started working with receiving and reading text messages

03'Darin

Established Member
I did the update. I was hoping it would now support text messaging with my iPhone 5s, but it still doesn't. It does show the artist and track info while streaming from my phone. It looks like mine still defaults to line in rather than BT audio after a key cycle, but I may not have given it enough time for the phone to connect before messing with it. It was still worth it given that it only took ten minutes or so.

It's a setting in your phone that's not letting it come through sync. Give me a second and i'll find it

03'Darin

Established Member
OK here's the sequence:

Settings
Bluetooth
Click the "i" next to SYNC
Turn on notifications

Now it will work

NoSloCoupe

Established Member
Well, i did see the volume control download...now i can turn that loud ass broads voice down.

daustin

Established Member
OK here's the sequence:

Settings
Bluetooth
Click the "i" next to SYNC
Turn on notifications

Now it will work

Really? When I go I to text messaging through the screen in the car, it said text messaging was not supported. I'll give it a try! Thanks.

*Edit~ I just turned the notifications on under sync on my phone and still no dice. When I try to compose a text, it says failure and it still says "no supported phone found" when I go to the text messaging settings through sync on the screen. I also sent myself a test text and I got it on the phone, but no notification on the screen. It used to work with my old iPhone 4; I wonder why Ford wont update sync to work with the newer phones. Oh well, it was worth a shot!

Edit #2~ Well sum bitch, I did a quick online chat with sync support and found out my MAP profile was set to off. I turned it on and can now receive texts through sync. I can't reply/forward/compose messages, but I'll take it! Better than nothing. This is the extent of the messaging I could do with my iPhone 4 but now it actually gives me the sender's caller ID/contact info, whereas before with the 4, it would always say "unknown" sender.

Last edited:

daustin

Established Member
I have v3.1 installed and says its up to date for my 2010 Edge

I don't think the older Edges use the same sync systems that our mustangs do. My wife has a '12 Edge with the my ford touch and I just updated hers about a month ago. Does your '10 have the MFT? I did the update after I brought the Edge home from being serviced, the same day, right after my dealer's service department told me the version was up to date and had no updates. I knew there was an update available, so I just did it myself.

Last edited:

MysticRob

Established Member
I logged into the site for our 2014 C-Max and downloaded a 94.6Mb zipped file.
Will install after the wife gets home from work.
Thanks OP.

EDIT: Would be nice if the site alerted to the update being available...

Last edited:

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for telling us about this, OP. Downloaded and installed it on my '14 Focus, everything worked just like it is supposed to.

daustin

Established Member
Thanks. Definitely not my issue, then. No idea why I'm never eligible for an update. It sucks.

Maybe the dealer can do the update for you then. It doesn't make sense that our mustangs are eligible and yours isn't. I've heard of service departments doing updates before even though the website said there was no update available. I haven't done this personally though and I believe those were done to fix an issue owners were having, like BT not connecting at all or something.

I wonder if one of us can email you the file that we downloaded for you to install since the site won't allow you to get to the file..... I still have the download on my flash drive. I would just have to delete the file the car puts on there to confirm successful installation back to ford. It may be worth a shot, but I don't know of it would mess anything up.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Maybe the dealer can do the update for you then. It doesn't make sense that our mustangs are eligible and yours isn't. I've heard of service departments doing updates before even though the website said there was no update available. I haven't done this personally though and I believe those were done to fix an issue owners were having, like BT not connecting at all or something.

I wonder if one of us can email you the file that we downloaded for you to install since the site won't allow you to get to the file..... I still have the download on my flash drive. I would just have to delete the file the car puts on there to confirm successful installation back to ford. It may be worth a shot, but I don't know of it would mess anything up.

Thanks for the offer! I'll just check with my dealer, though. I've installed bad/wrong firmware on a car system before and it was never the same. It might be VIN or ESN dependent. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread