Sylvania HID kit install a success, and worth every penny (pics)

SERprise SVT

Sleepers are fun
Established Member
Hey, gang---

Just wanted to share with you all the fact that the one and only true HID kit made for our trucks -the Sylvania Xenarc x2010 kit- is no longer being made, and supplies are dwindling down.

So, I bought one. 2 years ago, this HID kit was $700+. Now that Sylvania has stopped production of them, they are in the $400 range. I found mine at http://www.brightheadlights-hid.com/ for the lowball price of $439 + $19 shipping.

Here's the stock headlight (right) and the Sylvania HID headlight assembly (left):
hid1.jpg

The kit is 100% complete with two HID headlight assemblies, all bulbs, a wiring harness that taps right in to the factory headlight harness, and instruction book. The installation took me about 30 minutes, and was as simple as can be. If you can unplug your headlights, you can install this.

The wiring harness is made for regular F150s, and runs along the top of the fan shroud. Since our Ls have the intercooler reservoir there, you'll need to zip-tie the harness in one location because the supplied connector has nothing to grab on to. That's the only problem I had, and it took me 1 minute to solve.

Installed in the truck, the headlights look pretty great compared to the factory ones:
hid3.jpg

I ran out of time to do a proper aiming...but can tell you these HIDs are absolutely, positively the best headlights I've ever experienced. The stock F150 units are pretty good, but the HIDs are spectacular. Once you ride/drive a vehicle that has them, you'll never go back to halogen lights, IMHO.

Get 'em while you can at $439 before supplies run out. They're worth every penny.

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
How much of a difference do they make at night? For that kind of money, I would think they are exponentially brighter/clearer.

SERprise SVT

Sleepers are fun
Established Member
I still need to aim them, guys. Then I'll shoot pics of them at night. They are aimed a little low right out of the box.

I *can* tell you that everything is just more clear, brighter, sharper with these HIDs.

The high beams are conventional halogen bulbs, and do a very good job, too.

SERprise SVT

Sleepers are fun
Established Member
Last edited:

SVTLightningSD

Established Member
Just dropping a line, not to hijack the thread, but I have a set of these used for sale. I had them on my lightning for about 4 months but sold the truck. $225 is my asking price. Don't try and bargain, I won't pay attention. These things are like new. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

SERprise SVT

Sleepers are fun
Established Member
$225 is a freaking steal, SD. Somebody will jump all over those.

As for the corners...as you can see in the original post up top, I have the frosted (but clear, no amber) corners. I like the look.

Users who are viewing this thread