Switching to corn with a whipple 2.3

chipmonk

Established Member
Update: caved and purchased a 6 lb lower to use with my 2.75. this thing should scream, will have new numbers by the weekend.

03rd SVT

Established Member
Crusher Inlet? If not you will probably have the same issue me and others are having with boost drop. I have my car pulley'd for 23lbs, and it will make 23 until about 4500rpms, then drops to 20lbs and holds there. You should still be able to make over 700hp, but the non-Crusher inlet will prevent what could be EPIC!!!

FWIW I made 681/724 on 109 Unleaded......I'm still searching for the 700hp mark!!!

chipmonk

Established Member
Crusher Inlet? If not you will probably have the same issue me and others are having with boost drop. I have my car pulley'd for 23lbs, and it will make 23 until about 4500rpms, then drops to 20lbs and holds there. You should still be able to make over 700hp, but the non-Crusher inlet will prevent what could be EPIC!!!

FWIW I made 681/724 on 109 Unleaded......I'm still searching for the 700hp mark!!!

no i have the stock throttle body:( i will se boost drop i saw it on 22lbs before my pulley exploded lol. but i will be on the dyno with 26 inch tires again so numbers will be low, and most likely will be pretty hot.

chipmonk

Established Member
so the car is blowing out coolant on the pulls, i have had this problem since my high boost pulley blew a hole in my radiator and i needed it replaced. after he replaced it i am having this problem. he says it the heads coming up from the high boost but it was doing it when i was on the same boost setting as pump gas when it never had this problem. what do you guys think it could be? o ya and it made 682wtq and like 620whp but the pulls stopped at 45-5k because of it blowing coolant out of the cap. tha cap is new as well.

Termilvr

Established Member
Your problem is probably to much boost causing the heads to lift

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I'm having the same issue as we speak :(

So what is your plan of action?

How high of boost do people start seeing that problem? Anyway to fix it

It varies. There is no set number.
I've seen stock motors hold 25+ and built ones puke at 20.
I am at 22 on race gas.
About to run E85 then bumpt to 24.
We'll see how my stocker does.

chipmonk

Established Member
Your problem is probably to much boost causing the heads to lift
Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
its what my tuner is saying. my only problem with it is the car never had this problem until my radiator was switched out. i ran my high boost upper (2.5) for like 5 pulls on the dyno and did not have this problem making 21 psi of boost. then after the radiator went in it was doing it at 17 psi on my 2.75 pulley.

Users who are viewing this thread