Switched CAI and BLAHHHHHH

Regulars520

Established Member
Long story short my 07 GT 500 came with a K-N CAI installed, it also came with a Airraid CAI. I installed the airraid setup which has a bigger filter and the car did not want to go, it was hesitating and bucking. I let the car warm up some and it seemed to work itself out. Then later I went and drove the car and similar but a little less violent bucking happened. I let it warm up some and it went away. My boost gauge is acting very happy now, by that I mean it is hitting max boost on the gauge if I punch it where as before it would not. According to Airraid this setup does not need a tune and is only good for 17hp. However what about if I have 2.6 pulley, long tubes, high flow cats and vmp tune? Would this cai setup off balance anything? Cause me to need a tweek to my tune? I bought the car with the handheld and tune already so I have no Idea what is in the tune. Any ideas? Again once it is warmed up it goes away.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Long story short my 07 GT 500 came with a K-N CAI installed, it also came with a Airraid CAI. I installed the airraid setup which has a bigger filter and the car did not want to go, it was hesitating and bucking. I let the car warm up some and it seemed to work itself out. Then later I went and drove the car and similar but a little less violent bucking happened. I let it warm up some and it went away. My boost gauge is acting very happy now, by that I mean it is hitting max boost on the gauge if I punch it where as before it would not. According to Airraid this setup does not need a tune and is only good for 17hp. However what about if I have 2.6 pulley, long tubes, high flow cats and vmp tune? Would this cai setup off balance anything? Cause me to need a tweek to my tune? I bought the car with the handheld and tune already so I have no Idea what is in the tune. Any ideas? Again once it is warmed up it goes away.
Both require a custom tune. Do not drive either at full throttle without a tune. Hedge your bets and run the KN until you get a tune.

Regulars520

Established Member
I had no issues at all with the KN on it. Ill be switching it back to the KN later tonight. Does the Airraid cai usually require a tune? They advertise it not needing one but obviously they do

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I had no issues at all with the KN on it. Ill be switching it back to the KN later tonight. Does the Airraid cai usually require a tune? They advertise it not needing one but obviously they do
They BOTH do. Trust me, your car with no tune is lean on either one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread