Swing of emotions

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congrats on the run!

My co-workers brother was at either that event or another over the weekend in a silver '20+ GT500 Track Pack and ended up making contact with the wall on his last run. I feel bad for the dude because I believe he didn't have track insurance, will be paying out of pocket to fix it and only had the car about 6 months or so.

Thanks sir.

So, funny story about that... he was in the garage next to me, and I sold him the car in March. lol

Congrats on the runs. It looks like a lot of fun. Your car is so bad ass keep doing what you are doing. Does it ever cross your mind that there will be a scout at one of these and they might see you tearing shit up and approach you with an offer? Sometimes a guy can dream a little.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

No haha

To be 100% honest, I might be a little better than an average driver. No where good enough to get any kind of contract without buying a seat for a large sum of money. I enjoy just doing it for fun!

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Thanks sir.

So, funny story about that... he was in the garage next to me, and I sold him the car in March. lol
Small world!!! Is the car currently at your store? I know it's up in Excelsior Springs somewhere to be worked on.

blk02edge

Established Member
Congrats on the runs. It looks like a lot of fun. Your car is so bad ass keep doing what you are doing. Does it ever cross your mind that there will be a scout at one of these and they might see you tearing shit up and approach you with an offer? Sometimes a guy can dream a little.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
The only pros making money in racing started at 8 years old in karting with very rich parents backing them up their entire career pushing through every stepping stone class of racing. And even then you may as well just play the lottery.

Talent of that level does not appear at HPDE or amateur events. Period

But, one can dream

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The only pros making money in racing started at 8 years old in karting with very rich parents backing them up their entire career pushing through every stepping stone class of racing. And even then you may as well just play the lottery.

Talent of that level does not appear at HPDE or amateur events. Period

But, one can dream

Correct. haha

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
There are LOTS and LOTS of UBER talented drivers that never "made it" in racing. Why? The dirty little word...... funding...... You think Lance Stroll is in F1 because of his talent (countless other examples as well in racing from the top to the bottom)?

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
...... You think Lance Stroll is in F1 because of his talent…
To be fair, and coming from a “definitely not a Lance Stroll fan”, he was damn quick in F4 and F3 so certainly no slouch.

But you’re right, having financial backing GREATLY increases one’s chances of success in racing. I’d be curious how much someone like Kurtz or Keating have shelled out over the years to get where they are at now.

And Nick - congrats! That’s some great driving.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
To be fair, and coming from a “definitely not a Lance Stroll fan”, he was damn quick in F4 and F3 so certainly no slouch.
Agreed, you have to have incredible talent to be in F1, period. But when a driver is there, you now can compare to the rest of the field. Maybe I should have referenced Mazepin instead.

Sorry for the thread derail.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

But you’re right, having financial backing GREATLY increases one’s chances of success in racing. I’d be curious how much someone like Kurtz or Keating have shelled out over the years to get where they are at now.

And Nick - congrats! That’s some great driving.

I agree, he's a good driver...but he definitely got his shot because of the bank roll behind him.

Ben is a great driver, good dude and a friend of mine. He's paid a lot to do what he's done. haha

They finally popped out some pictures from the weekend. I'm going to get one printed as a poster with the lap record and date on it.

1697721958417.png

1697721972593.png

1697721980199.png

1697721998144.png

1697722006741.png

1697722015653.png

1697722026032.png

1697722039051.png

1697722050997.png

1697722060577.png

gfcobra04

Established Member
Premium Member
That’s way cool picture has you downshift with the flames coming out of the side exhaust. I have had people following behind me in my 00R that say they see flames shoot out the side exhaust.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Sweet pics I’d say #6 and #7 are my favorite. #6 with the lap record to frame would be killer.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread